How to apply:
Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now!
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
||British Columbia/Colombie-Britannique [BC][C.-B.]
|Position Title/Titre du poste
||Claims Adjuster (Intermediate/Senior level) - Abbotsford
|Job ID/ID Travail
|Postion Reports to [Title]
||Branch Manager/District Manager
||Depending on the level of experience and area of expertise, the successful candidate will be responsible for the investigation and adjusting of either Property or “All Lines” claims, either at Intermediate or Senior level. Furthermore, he/she will provide SCM standard quality service and facilitates prompt and equitable settlement of claims within the parameters of corporate policies and standards as well as initiates and follows-up on business development opportunities. Other duties as required.
|Competencies required to succeed
||• Excellent knowledge of property and liability losses
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to negotiate
• Ability to prioritize
• Works effectively in teams
|Education, knowledge and experience required
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to a University degree
- At least 3-5 years experience as insurance claims adjuster will qualify for intermediate.
- Adjuster’s license, CIP or working towards obtaining CIP designation
- Ongoing commitment to education and learning.
- Effective analytical skills, including identification of cause and effect dynamics
- Good investigative manner
- Able to draw valid conclusions and effectively communicate them.
- Ability to interpret complex documents of a legal nature, perform and understand advanced numerical calculations including analysis of comparative information
Advanced communication skills including:
- Effective written skills including those of a technical nature
- Effective oral skills, including listening, interviewing, negotiating, must be able to flex style appropriate to audience. Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage conflicting priorities in an effective manner.
- Proactive and positive approach to customer service ensuring that all inquiries are effectively dealt with in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills allowing you to effectively deal with conflict and difficult situations.
- Strong commitment to ongoing education and learning.
Can't find a position that matches your skills? Submit your resume
, we'll keep it on file and notify you if a right job opportunity comes up.