|Position Title/Titre du poste
||Property Adjuster - Winnipeg
|Postion Reports to [Title]
||Responsible for the investigation and adjusting of Property claims, the successful candidate provides SCM standard quality service and facilitates prompt and equitable settlement of claims within the parameters of corporate policies and standards as well as initiates and follows-up on business development opportunities. Other duties as required.
|Competencies required to succeed
The Independent Adjuster actively adjusts claims while ensuring that business development opportunities are maximized. This involves marketing and follow-up of opportunities in a timely manner. The profile duties create a dynamic portfolio requiring extremely well-honed organizational skills that enable day to day activities to be completed while allowing efficient and effective progress of file management activities.
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to a University degree with minimum 3 year’s experience.
- Ongoing commitment to education and learning.
- Effective analytical skills, including identification of cause and effect dynamics
- Good investigative manner
- Able to draw valid conclusions and effectively communicate them.
- Ability to interpret complex documents of a legal nature, perform and understand advanced numerical calculations including analysis of comparative information.
- Adjuster’s license, CIP or you must be willing to enroll in institute courses to obtain CIP designation.
Advanced communication skills including:
- Effective written skills including those of a technical nature
- Effective oral skills, including listening, interviewing, negotiating, must be able to flex style appropriate to audience. Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage conflicting priorities in an effective manner.
- Proactive and positive approach to customer service ensuring that all inquiries are effectively dealt with in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills allowing you to effectively deal with conflict and difficult situations. Strong commitment to ongoing education and learning.
Mobility is an important criteria of the profile requirements. Travel is often required on a daily basis at times outside regular business hours.