Please upload your profile if you're interested in the position; otherwise we would be very grateful if you would forward the position description to one of your friend's whom you believe is capable.
ApplyTell A Friend
||First Capital Realty Corporation
||Real Estate [Office][Industrial][Retail][Residential][Finance][Investment]
FIRST CAPITAL REALTY INC. (TSX:FCR) is Canada's leading owner, developer and operator of supermarket and drug store anchored neighborhood and community shopping centres, located predominantly in growing metropolitan areas.
The Company targets specific urban markets with stable and/or growing populations despite, and because of, the high barriers to entry. The Company intends to continue to operate primarily in and around its target urban markets of the Greater Toronto Area, including the Golden Horseshoe area and London; Calgary; Edmonton; the Greater Vancouver area including Vancouver Island; the Greater Montreal area; the Ottawa and Hull region and Quebec city.
Management believes that urban retail properties typically generate sustainable returns on investment, and over time, capital appreciation. The Company seeks to achieve critical mass in its target markets to generate economies of scale and operating synergies.
||General Manager - Urban Enclosed Mall
The Hazelton Lanes Shopping Centre - Consistently ranks as a premier downtown retail destination offering a mix of top names in high-end retail stores and services - all under one roof in the heart of downtown Toronto. Recently acquired by First Capital Realty Corportion, the Centre will undergo extensive interior renovation to further enhance the appeal of the Centre.
First Capital Realty Inc., through its property management division FCR Management Services LP requires a General Manager to take an active role in the repositioning of the Hazelton Lanes Shopping Centre.
The General Manager is accountable for the overall performance of the property management team. The incumbent is responsible for meeting all contract obligations and deliverables as well as achieving goals and objectives through effective financial and operational oversight.
At A Glance:
- 200,000 sq. ft. GLA in the heart of downtown Toronto with GLA
- One of top urban retail centres in Canada
- 68 stores and services including Whole Foods Market and The Yorkville Club.
- Anchors the western end of the Bloor/Cumberland/Yorkville Ave. retail corridor,
- Close to both the Park Hyatt and Four Season hotels,
- Multi-deck and underground parking facilities with 492 spaces,
- Principal urban transit corridors west entrances
Overall responsibility for planning (including budgeting), organizing, directing and controlling the operations and administration of all facets of Hazelton Lanes, so as to maximize the productivity of the real estate assets.
- Directly and indirectly manage/supervise the day-to-day operations;
- Participate in continuous improvement of national operating protocols and and ensure consistent communications to all FCRMS field members;
- Ensure policies and procedures and FCR operating standards and the safety of the Centre including environmental, implementation of relevant contracts, preventative and replacement programs, introduction of staffing or services, reporting and follow-up of insurance issues;
- Preparation, monitoring and reporting of all expense schedules/budgets. For example, monthly rents, percentage rents, miscellaneous income, annual operating budgets, promotion budgets, etc.
- Oversee accounts receivable with the Director Customer Accounts and actively liaison with Leasing Directors and senior management in regard to rent collection and arrears;
- Ensure smooth and constant flow of information between departments responsible for leasing, construction, legal, lease administration, property accounting and tax recoveries;
- Provision of direction and assistance as required, to Director of Marketing and Leasing, Controller, Facilities Manager, Security Manager and Payroll Administrator.
- Lease Administration oversight
- Monitoring parking operations, maintenance and retro-fit,
- Monitoring and facilitation and tenant coordination of re-development program,
- Represents Centre with local BIA, residential community via participation in various Boards and Committees
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- High degree of competency in basic business disciplines such as marketing, finance, accounting and human resources; and ability to plan, organize direct, coordinate and evaluate team members of the aforementioned functions thereof,
- Understanding of electrical, mechanical, structural systems and construction management,
- Ability to work independently on a day to day basis without the assistance of a central organization.