To apply for this position, please click on Apply Now at the bottom of the page. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please click on Tell a Friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Math Design, Team Lead
||Full Time Regular
As the Mathematical & Software Team Lead on our game design team, you will work closely with other engineering team leads, game mathematicians/developers and studio producers to provide leadership to design, modify, and implement casino game math models.
Ideal candidate should possess prior experience in casino game development as well as experience in fast paced feature driven development. The candidate must have strong statistical, analytical and communications skills, and must be able to operate independently, interacting daily with users, peers, and management.
Ideal candidate must have prior experience in managing people (team size of 5 or more people), ideally across multiple locations, and have a proven track record of managing and delivering technology projects of moderate to high complexity.
Role will consist of gathering and analyzing specifications, doing mathematical design and overseeing implementation.
Role will consist of people management, project management (task definition, resource allocation, tracking deliverables, issue detection / escalation / resolution, design reviews, etc.), and responsibility for the game performance in during development and production.
- Team lead /project manager to lead a team of mathematicians and implementation developers in our game design department. Actively participate in all phases of game design development lifecycle: analysis, technical design, software development, testing, release, production support.
- Build partnerships with Game Designers, Studio Producers, Legal & Compliance and Product Strategy to understand business requirements, propose creative solutions and build maintainable systems
- Work closely with technology teams across the firm to build high quality systems using approved tools and software development practices
- Working experience in a casino gaming company
- Familiarity with play styles of video and mechanical casino slots machines. Interest in mathematical and puzzle games.
- Detail oriented with track record of working on full system life cycle application development projects
- Proficient communication skills (oral & written)
- Highly motivated, and organized individual who takes initiative and is able to manage multiple tasks independently
- Exceptional knowledge of Discrete Mathematics and Statistics
- Understanding of Object Oriented Design and Development
- Understanding of iterative and Test-Driven Development and automated testing tools
- Ability to communicate new concepts and ideas through verbal and concise written forms
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of related experience in Mathematics, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or other related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Proficiency in problem solving and analytical skills
- Willing to be an active contributor in the game design process.
- Experience working in multi-site teams.
- 2-3 years’ experience in application development with C# (.NET 3.5 or higher) and Visual Studio.
- Ability to understand project and development technical plans and the ability to clearly articulate development tasks and effort estimates.
||Las Vegas, NV