Imagine a career with the City of Richmond
- a supportive environment for growth and continuous improvements, fostered by our collective strengths and creativity. Join us as we strive to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset - our people
If you are interested in this position or any other position with the City of Richmond, click on Apply Now and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Email A Friend
|Hours of Work
||Successful candidates for these positions will be available to work a variety of shifts with varying hours, including days, evenings and weekends.
||Expression of Interest
||The City of Richmond’s Aquatic and Arena Services division is currently looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated individuals who have excellent customer service, public relations, communication and interpersonal skills. You will enjoy working with the public in a busy and varied environment. In this role you will ensure customer satisfaction by responding to customer inquiries and providing information and assistance, both in person and by telephone. Examples of key work activities include:
- Program registration.
- Provide customer service to internal and external contacts.
- Cash handling, balancing and reporting.
- Perform a variety of clerical, typing/word processing and receptionist activities.
|Education & Experience
||Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent supplemented by computer and keyboarding skills OR an equivalent combination of experience. Customer service, cashiering and experience using a Point of Sale (POS) or other computer cash system is required.
|Knowledge & Skills & Abilities
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workflow and multitask.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deal with stressful situations with professionalism.
- Ability to demonstrate organizational ability.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to courteously and effectively deal with the public in providing information and assistance.
- Ability to perform cashiering duties accurately.
- Ability to work both independently and interdependently while exercising sound judgement and initiative.
- Knowledge and skills in using Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of clerical and modern office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of and/or familiarity with the CLASS POS (Point of Sale)/Registration System is preferred.
- Ability to successfully pass a Criminal Record Check.
- Ability to speak a second language is an asset.
||Current Occupational First Aid Level 1 certification or higher is preferred.
|Working Conditions and Effort
||Duties are performed in an office environment. May encounter upset or unpleasant customers.
||CUPE - Local 718
||Aquatic & Arena Services
|External Closing Date
|PS Pay Band
||XAT - Attendant (Hourly)
||$16.48 to $17.51 per hour (2011 Rates)
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||You will also receive an additional payment of 12% in lieu of all fringe benefits. Upon reaching 1,200 hours worked in a period of two consecutive years, you will then be entitled to receive 16% in lieu of all fringe benefits.
The City of Richmond wishes to thank all applicants for their interest in this career opportunity; however, only those candidates considered for the position will be contacted.
No telephone inquiries please.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
The City of Richmond is an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage all qualified individuals to apply, however, our positions are restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.