Imagine a career with the City of Richmond
- a supportive environment for growth and continuous improvements, fostered by our collective strengths and creativity. Join us as we strive to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset - our people
If you are interested in this position or any other position with the City of Richmond, click on Apply Now and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Email A Friend
||Manager, Business & Operational Analysis
|Hours of Work
||Monday to Friday, 8:15 am to 5:00 pm (Compressed Work Week)
||Regular Full Time
||The Manager, Business and Operational Analysis, will be responsible for operational and financial analysis and oversight of the Law and Community Safety Department’s operations and budgets and will report to the Senior Manager, Community Safety. Examples of key work activities include:
- Provide operational strategy, planning, monitoring, management, forecasting, trends and reporting. Research, analyse and report on best practices, new business practices and service delivery models.
- Monitor and analyse the departmental and divisional budgets to ensure accuracy of information, identification of trends, and forecasting.
- Complete operational and financial projects as determined by the General Manager Law and Community Safety
- Analyse, review and provide input on the department’s major contracts and agreements.
- Work in collaboration with Law and Community Safety divisions and the City’s Finance department to prepare and ensure information is accurate.
- Monitor the Community Safety Budget and provide status reports to the General Manager and Finance Department when required.
- Coordinate the compilation and submission of the department’s capital budget.
- Build productive and constructive relationships with city departments and stakeholders.
|Education & Experience
||This position requires a recognized professional degree (Economics Degree or MBA) or equivalent experience and knowledge. Extensive experience in business analysis and procurement, strategic planning, and budget analysis. The incumbent must have 7 – 10 years of relevant management experience.
|Knowledge & Skills & Abilities
This position is required to:
- Evaluate, research, review and create financial and business processes as well as policies and procedures for the department. Develop business cases for new initiatives related to revenue generation or business process improvement
- Ensure accurate information is available to the department’s management group and participate as a member of the department’s management group.
- Prepare departmental budgets, determine fiscal requirements, make projections monitor, verify and reconcile expenditure of budgeted funds.
- Prepare administrative and budgetary reports for the General Manager and to each of the sub-groups within the department
- Conduct special financial or business practice studies and investigations as directed by the General Manager
- Act as primary liaison to Finance Department for Law and Community Safety. Liaise with other City departments and government agencies on operational and financial aspects of the department.
- Provide oversight and guidance to financial personnel within RCMP, Fire and Bylaw financial personnel.
- Review financial statements reflecting status of programs and activities and ensure compliance with financial policy and procedures.
- Have knowledge of all applicable municipal, provincial and federal factors or regulations affecting the operation of the department.
- Use of REDMS or a similar records management system.
- Use of PeopleSoft Financials.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook.
|Licences & Certificates & Registrations
A valid Class 5 Driver's Licence for the Province of British Columbia.
|Working Conditions and Effort
||Duties are performed in an office environment.
||Law & Community Safety Admin
|External Closing Date
||$79,809 - $99,761 (Annual Salary)
The City of Richmond wishes to thank all applicants for their interest in this career opportunity; however, only those candidates considered for the position will be contacted.
No telephone inquiries please.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
The City of Richmond is an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage all qualified individuals to apply, however, our positions are restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.