Imagine a career with the City of Richmond
- a supportive environment for growth and continuous improvements, fostered by our collective strengths and creativity. Join us as we strive to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset - our people
If you are interested in this position or any other position with the City of Richmond, click on Apply Now and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Email A Friend
||User/Operations Support Assistant
|Hours of Work
||This is Auxiliary on call work, Monday to Friday, 8:00 am - 4:45 pm
||Expression of Interest
The User/Operations Support Assistant provides a combination of user support and problem resolution services that include investigating and resolving routine equipment and software problems. Examples of key work duties include:
- Responsible for user support in the investigation, assessment and resolution of issues relating to daily user operations.
|Education & Experience
||Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by one year post-secondary education focused on telecommunication operation and application and a minimum of one year of experience in customer and technical service, preferably in a municipal environment OR equivalent combination of training and experience.
|Knowledge & Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of City of Richmond rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of practices and procedures used in the operation of wireless devices, computer equipment and software applications.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, employees and external customers.
- Ability to make action based decisions on methods that are well defined and detailed.
- Ability to communicate technical and specialized information in a user friendly manner to internal and external clients.
- Ability to demonstrate tact in discussing problems, submitting reports, settling requests and making recommendations.
- Ability to investigate, document, prioritize and resolve routine software and hardware problems.
- Ability to provide advice, assistance, information and instruction to users regarding software applications and the use of equipment.
- Ability to assist in the installation, configuration and evaluation of software and hardware.
- Ability to write basic instructions, procedures and manuals.
- Ability to perform data entry assignments.
- Ability to provide computer operator and routine network administration services.
- Ability to maintain a variety of manuals, files, records and statistics related to the work.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Enhanced RCMP Security Clearance.
|Working Conditions and Effort
||Work duties are performed in an office environment. Frequent periods of continuous sitting and extended periods of mental concentration at a computer terminal are required for job tasks.
||CUPE - Local 718
||RCMP Information Technology
|External Closing Date
|PS Pay Band
||Pay Band 09
||$27.04 - $31.84 (per hour)
The City of Richmond wishes to thank all applicants for their interest in this career opportunity; however, only those candidates considered for the position will be contacted.
No telephone inquiries please.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
The City of Richmond is an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage all qualified individuals to apply, however, our positions are restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.