Imagine a career with the City of Richmond
- a supportive environment for growth and continuous improvements, fostered by our collective strengths and creativity. Join us as we strive to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset - our people
If you are interested in this position or any other position with the City of Richmond, click on Apply Now and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Email A Friend
|Hours of Work
||Monday to Friday, 8:15 am - 5:00 pm (Compressed Work Week)
TFT (One Year Term)
||Temporary Full Time
The Project Manager role serves as a part of the professional technical team responsible for helping the Engineering team manage Service Agreements and deliver the annual Civil Capital Program. Examples of key work activities include:
- Evaluate existing Service Agreements for completion and takeover by the City. This will be the primary role for this 1 year assignment.
- Manage and administer contracts and capital projects, delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Plan and manage budgets and process associated financial statements.
- Provide direction, technical information and evaluation relating to building infrastructure, Master Municipal Construction Documents (Platinum Edition), and project feasibility to stakeholders.
- Analyse location, site development, scope of work budget estimates, funding and timing of work.
- Working with the Finance Division in preparing, tendering, and awarding RFP’s and contracts, soliciting expression of interests, design and design review.
- Providing technical assistance to Public Works Operation staff in the identification of scope and delivery of minor capital and/or emergency operational projects.
- Manage the work of consultants and contractors.
- Effectively communicate, liaise, and direct the work of all relevant stakeholders.
|Education & Experience
University degree in Civil Engineering or AsCT (Applied Science Technologist) Diploma in Engineering Technology, plus at least eight years related experience including a combination of engineering and project management experience in design, construction, consultant administration, and contract administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in municipal or consulting engineering would be desirable.
|Knowledge & Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency in Hansen, PeopleSoft, MS Access, MS Word, and REDMS (Document Management System).
- Demonstrated ability in and knowledge of contract and project management and negotiations, from needs analysis and development of scope and schedule to project completion on time and budget.
- Ability to satisfy a wide array of customer, environmental, code, and technical requirements or issues and develop creative solutions.
- Technical skills in municipal engineering; knowledge of relevant construction techniques.
- Knowledge of contract law and other regulatory and contract management risks and issues.
- Ability to lead others and exert influence even when not in direct reporting relationships, participate in setting of objectives, monitoring performance, providing feedback to staff and contractors/consultants.
- Ability to prepare effective reports and presentations, demonstrating excelled written and oral communication skills.
- Positive attitude and ability to interact positively with stakeholders, and excel at customer service.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and decision making.
- Skill in the use of MS Office Software including Excel, Word, and Outlook, as well as GIS.
|Licences & Certificates & Registrations
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence for the Province of British Columbia.
- Registration with the Association of Professional Engineers of British Columbia.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) credential recommended.
|Working Conditions and Effort
||Duties are mostly performed in an office environment, with some field work, including construction site visits and inspections.
||Eng Design & Construction
||Engineering & Public Works
|External Closing Date
|PS Pay Band
||$79,809 - $99,761 (Annual Salary)
The City of Richmond wishes to thank all applicants for their interest in this career opportunity; however, only those candidates considered for the position will be contacted.
No telephone inquiries please.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
The City of Richmond is an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage all qualified individuals to apply, however, our positions are restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.