Imagine a career with the City of Richmond
- a supportive environment for growth and continuous improvements, fostered by our collective strengths and creativity. Join us as we strive to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset - our people
If you are interested in this position or any other position with the City of Richmond, click on Apply Now and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Email A Friend
||Emergency Programs Assistant
|Hours of Work
Monday to Friday, 8:15am - 5:00pm (Compressed Work Week)
||Regular Full Time
||This is specialized program support work of moderate complexity in coordinating or assisting in coordinating program delivery for Emergency Social Services volunteer programs and the Emergency Programs division. Examples of key work activities include:
- Receive draft material and formatting for all major departmental plans.
- Liaise with volunteers by arranging and scheduling volunteer meetings, preparing newsletters, organizing and scheduling training lectures and other special events.
- Assist in providing direction to volunteers and with the public by providing factual information and assistance.
- Explain Emergency Programs, personal preparedness, divisional initiatives and services.
- Possess strong customer service skills in dealing with the public, volunteers and staff.
|Education & Experience
||Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by one year at a community college and/or specialized technical certification of up to one year. Enrollment in the Emergency Management Certificate Program is required. One to two years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
|Knowledge & Skills & Abilities
- Ability to provide design, layout, format and production for all major departmental plans.
- Ability to review and edit grammar, punctuation, and consistency of style for departmental plans.
- Ability to develop concepts for cover design and manage manual assembly, production and distribution stage for departmental plans.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Adobe Professional and Adobe Illustrator.
- Knowledge of MS Publisher, MS Access, Adobe Creative Suite, Hansen, and ArcMap.
- Ability to use REDMS or similar records management system.
- Ability to successfully pass a criminal record check.
|Working Conditions and Effort
||Duties are performed in an office environment.
||CUPE - Local 718
||Law & Community Safety
|External Closing Date
|PS Pay Band
||Pay Band 07
||$25.68 to $30.22 per hour
The City of Richmond wishes to thank all applicants for their interest in this career opportunity; however, only those candidates considered for the position will be contacted.
No telephone inquiries please.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
The City of Richmond is an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage all qualified individuals to apply, however, our positions are restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.