Imagine a career with the City of Richmond
- a supportive environment for growth and continuous improvements, fostered by our collective strengths and creativity. Join us as we strive to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset - our people
If you are interested in this position or any other position with the City of Richmond, click on Apply Now and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Email A Friend
||Engineer in Training
|Hours of Work
Monday to Friday, 8:15 am - 5:00 pm (Compressed Work Week)
Duration of term: Up to Four Years in Duration
||Temporary Full Time
This position will provide practical experience towards achievement of a Professional Engineering designation by providing opportunities to contribute to the Engineering and Public Works Department. Key examples of work include:
- Providing technical assistance to other City divisions.
- Providing project management and contract administration of Capital and other projects.
- Inspecting projects for accuracy and completion.
- Performing detailed engineering design.
- Communicating and corresponding with consultants, private and City contractors, private utility owners and regulatory agencies.
- Reviewing consulting engineer’s designs and reports.
- Liaising with other City Divisions and the public.
|Education & Experience
- Completion of Grade 12 plus a Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering.
|Knowledge & Skills & Abilities
- Skill in written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Skill in the use of computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook with the ability to apply computer applications to engineering projects.
- Ability to quickly learn new procedures and techniques.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts over the phone and in person.
|Licences & Certificates & Registrations
||A valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence for the Province of British Columbia.
Must be eligible for registration as an EIT with the Association of Professional Engineers of BC (APEGBC).
|Working Conditions and Effort
||Duties are mostly performed in an office environment, with some construction site visits and inspections. Some field work may be required.
||Engineering & Public Works
|External Closing Date
|PS Pay Band
||$70,308.00 - $87,885.00 (Annual Salary)
The City of Richmond wishes to thank all applicants for their interest in this career opportunity; however, only those candidates considered for the position will be contacted.
No telephone inquiries please.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
The City of Richmond is an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage all qualified individuals to apply, however, our positions are restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.