Imagine a career with the City of Richmond
- a supportive environment for growth and continuous improvements, fostered by our collective strengths and creativity. Join us as we strive to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset - our people
If you are interested in this position or any other position with the City of Richmond, click on Apply Now and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Email A Friend
||Manager, Plan Review (Re-Post)
|Hours of Work
||Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 8:15 am - 5:00 pm (Compressed Work Week)
||Regular Full Time
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Building Approvals and leading a professional and technical staff of eleven people, you will be responsible for overseeing the processing of all types of permit applications. Excellent leadership, communication, and customer service skills are a must. Examples of key work activities include:
- Manage the workflow of building plans and information submitted for permits such as residential, commercial and industrial developments to ensure compliance with applicable bylaws and the BC Building Code.
- Provide input on materials evaluation and alternative solutions reports.
- Work closely with the Inspection Section on issued permits with respect to construction materials and interpretation of standards and codes.
Duties will include considerable technical discussion with professional consultants, contractors and developers with respect to the interpretation and application of building, zoning and other applicable regulations and interaction with other City departments on overlapping issues.
|Education & Experience
||The successful candidate should be registered or eligible for registration as a professional engineer, or professional architect in BC. You should also have an excellent working knowledge of the BC Building Code, preferably with 10 or more years of practical experience in building design and construction and/or code analysis. Managerial or supervisory experience would be a distinct asset.
|Knowledge & Skills & Abilities
- Ability to interact with the development community and other City departments.
- Ability to research and write bylaws and bulletins, prepare strategic plans and business cases for divisional activities, and report to Council and The Administrative Group.
|Licences & Certificates & Registrations
||A valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence for the Province of British Columbia.
|Working Conditions and Effort
Duties are performed in an office environment with a variety of internal and external contacts, working under very strict deadlines.
||Planning & Development
|External Closing Date
|PS Pay Band
||$91,210 - $114,012 (Annual Salary)
The City of Richmond wishes to thank all applicants for their interest in this career opportunity; however, only those candidates considered for the position will be contacted.
No telephone inquiries please.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
The City of Richmond is an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage all qualified individuals to apply, however, our positions are restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.