Imagine a career with the City of Richmond
- a supportive environment for growth and continuous improvements, fostered by our collective strengths and creativity. Join us as we strive to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset - our people
If you are interested in this position or any other position with the City of Richmond, click on Apply Now and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Email A Friend
|Hours of Work
||8:15 am - 5:00 pm Monday to Friday (Compressed Work Week)
||Regular Full Time
The Manager, Payroll, leads and manages payroll operations, and is responsible for delivering accurate and timely payroll services to the City of Richmond and Richmond Public Library. Examples of key work activities include:
- Provide strategic direction and internal assurance by ensuring payroll systems are in place which meet the needs of the organization.
- A direct manager of three Payroll Specialist’s, this position will be responsible for processing biweekly payroll for 7 Pay Groups in accordance with negotiated contracts, agreements and statutory requirements.
- Monitors individual and team performance and provides ongoing feedback and completes staff reviews.
- Documents work flow and work processes.
- Develop and implement process improvements and efficiencies.
- Technical expert on PeopleSoft HCM (Human Capital Management), which includes Time & Labour, Payroll, HR, Compensation, and Benefits Modules.
- Performs project work relating to planning, testing and implementation of system changes, PeopleSoft HCM upgrades and other change requests.
- Oversees the preparation of reports, statistics, returns records and related data for use by departments and or government authorities in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
|Education & Experience
||Completion of an accredited accounting program (CA, CGA, CMA) and Certified Payroll Manager certification is required. A minimum of ten years experience in a progressively responsible management role. Experience working in a municipal government environment and working knowledge of PeopleSoft HCM & Financials, Hansen, and Municipal Pension Plan would be an asset. Experience dealing with multi collective agreements.
|Knowledge & Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of Canadian Federal Income Tax regulations, City policies and procedures, and Collective Agreement provisions are required as it relates to the administration of payroll.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, generally accepted auditing standards and internal controls.
- Must have solid problem-solving and leadership skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must have the ability to manage all required deadlines and must meet all Statutory Filing requirements and Benefit remittances including Municipal Pension Plan and Insurance Carriers.
- Ability to successfully pass a criminal record check for the business sector.
|Working Conditions and Effort
||Worked is performed in an office environment.
||Finance & Corporate Services
|External Closing Date
|PS Pay Band
||$70,308 - $87,885 (Annual salary)
The City of Richmond wishes to thank all applicants for their interest in this career opportunity; however, only those candidates considered for the position will be contacted.
No telephone inquiries please.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
The City of Richmond is an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage all qualified individuals to apply, however, our positions are restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.