Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for Ross Video? Click on Apply Now
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please click on Tell A Friend
to send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply NowTell A Friend
Ross Video is a world leader in High Definition Video Production Equipment, designed and manufactured in Canada and sold world-wide. Our products are used by a who’s who of the global entertainment industry, including top broadcast networks like NBC, ABC, CBS and Fox in the USA; Rogers, CTV and the CBC in Canada and others around the world from Fiji to Finland and everywhere in between. We are #1 in providing behind the scenes HD production gear used in Sports Stadiums including places where the NY Mets, LA Lakers, Pittsburgh Penguins and Buffalo Bills play. Our equipment was used extensively at the Vancouver 2010 and other Olympic games. Our systems are used by top acts including Springsteen, Blink 182, The Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Police to name a few.
||International Logistics Specialist
||Ross has grown into a global company with full corporate offices in North America, Europe and Australia as well as supporting sales and service operations strategically located around the world. Ross Video designs, markets, manufactures, and supports a wide range of innovative products for use in broadcast, distribution, live event and production applications. Ross products are found in well over 100 countries and are used 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to produce and distribute video and audio signals.
||Duties, Responsibilities and Accountability:
- Provide exceptional customer service by proactively handling customer shipment routing requests.
- Maintain customer / carrier profiles & tariffs.
- Resolve customer problems & complaints to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Create & develop innovative ways of streamlining the operations processes wherever possible within the guidelines of customer requirements & team goals.
- Utilize various transportation provider software systems, to facilitate material movement planning and scheduling.
- Prepare and update logistics schedule to assure deliveries to production locations. Coordinate product delivery schedules with Sales Coordinators.
- Ensures that goods are shipped in the most timely and efficient manner according to documented processes, including planning the transportation route and payload, selecting the mode of transportation, tendering the order for transportation, and tracking the shipment from pick up through delivery all the while targeting cost reduction, freight savings, service and contractual requirements.
- Coordinate daily activity to track location and movement of shipments and to provide reports to internal and external customers as required.
- Manage relationship with Freight Forwarders and Customs Brokers to ensure efficient and effective execution of defined processes and goods transportation.
- Work with Production Planning to manage inventory levels at multiple plant locations.
- Work with various internal customers to ensure equipment for customer demonstrations, tradeshows and spares depots arrives on-time, done cost-effectively and in most efficient manner possible.
- Ensure compliance with Department of Foreign Affairs & International Trade rules for exporting.
- Ensure compliance with all provincial, state, federal, international, environmental, safety, and hazardous waste regulations.
- Works with manager to effectively resolve inventory or order discrepancies that are outside of his or her control.
- Organizes and maintains hard copy and electronic documentation supporting order fulfillment, distribution means, pricing, and contractual obligations.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge of NAFTA/Customs
Knowledge of Migra
Experience with Canadian Automated Export Declaration documents (CAED-B13)
Knowledge of HS Codes and Duty Rates
Working knowledge of Microsoft office Products, especially Outlook and Excel
Problem solving skills with the ability to work well under pressure and deadlines
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong organization and communication skills
Ability to handle stressful situations
Desire to contribute to a team environment
Strong attention to detail with excellent follow-up