Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for Ross Video? Click on Apply Now
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please click on Tell A Friend
to send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply NowTell A Friend
||Ross Video is a world leader in High Definition Video Production Equipment, designed and manufactured in Canada and sold world-wide. Our products are used by a who’s who of the global entertainment industry, including top broadcast networks like NBC, ABC, CBS and Fox in the USA; Rogers, CTV and the CBC in Canada and others around the world from Fiji to Finland and everywhere in between. We are #1 in providing behind the scenes HD production gear used in Sports Stadiums including places where the NY Mets, LA Lakers, Pittsburgh Penguins and Buffalo Bills play. Our equipment was used extensively at the Vancouver 2010 and other Olympic games. Our systems are used by top acts including Springsteen, Blink 182, The Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Police to name a few. Join Ross Video, and you will have a chance to work on advanced technology used in a wide variety of very cool ways by our clients.
||Software Developer - Java Web Application
||WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
Working in a development team at the Ottawa Research and Development facility, the successful candidate will experience first-hand the highs and lows of real software development while working with customers, top-level developers and managers. Working to complement and enhance the world's premiere video production & automation systems; you will be working on ‘Inception’ a new award winning product that is driving the industry towards new levels of efficiency, control and content creation specifically focused on Social Media. Working on this customer driven product; you will be in-touch with end-users requirements and needs relating to these leading edge technologies – duties will include some product demonstration and training with travel. With the rollout and take-up of this innovative product there will likely be leadership opportunities for the right candidate.
WHO YOU ARE
- You enjoy new technical challenges, and are excited at the prospect of writing code for actual, shipping products. Tasks will range from creating custom-built applications to creating new practices and policies. Big or small, you're up for the job.
- You are a self-starter. You're happy to take the reins and take initiative. When you finish something, you're already looking for the next challenge.
- You are a dynamic and self-motivating individual who likes to work in such an environment with likeminded individuals
- You like people. Knowledge is all around you, and you know that finding and talking to the right people is the way to get things done. You recognize that communication skills are as important as technical skills.
- You love learning new stuff. You know how to ask questions - and how to listen to answers. You absorb knowledge like a sponge. You're happy to dig through code, track down obscure issues, and solve problems other people haven't.
WHAT YOU KNOW
- Education in Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science with:
- Strong background in Java web applications with 3+ years development experience
- An understanding of Eclipse plugin development or OSGI-based (modules) application design
- Strong understanding of SQL database best practices and knowledge of PostgreSQL/MySQL
- Experience with Hibernate or an alternative ORM solution for Java Experience with web application frameworks (Struts2 or Spring MVC) and good understanding of design patterns
WHAT WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO KNOW
- Experience with external API’s in the social media space - Facebook/Twitter/Google etc…
- Experience with web security concerns such as cross-site scripting and request forgery
- J2EE experience
- Understanding of web technologies such as jQuery
- Experience with any of the following: LDAP, JavaMail (POP/IMAP/SMTP), ActiveX
||Research & Development