Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for Ross Video? Click on Apply Now
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please click on Tell A Friend
to send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply NowTell A Friend
Ross Video is a world leader in High Definition Video Production Equipment, designed and manufactured in Canada and sold world-wide. Our products are used by a who’s who of the global entertainment industry, including top broadcast networks like NBC, ABC, CBS and Fox in the USA; Rogers, CTV and the CBC in Canada and others around the world from Fiji to Finland and everywhere in between. We are # 1 in providing behind the scenes HD production gear used in Sports Stadiums including places where the NY Mets, LA Lakers, Pittsburgh Penguins and Buffalo Bills play. Our equipment was used extensively at the Vancouver 2010 and other Olympic games. Our systems are used by top acts including Springsteen, Blink 182, The Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Police to name a few. Join Ross and you will have a chance to work on advanced technology used in a wide variety of very cool ways by our clients.
||Computer Systems Test Technologist
Duties, Responsibilities and Accountability:
- Resolve production test issues by working with technicians, manufacturing departments and OEM suppliers
- Coordinate with product designers, supervisors, and technical product managers to develop a comprehensive and effective test strategy for Ross Video computer based systems and peripherals
- Develop and implement automated test scripts for new and sustaining products.
- Supervise technicians, assemblers, towards order filling requirements
- Work concurrently with design engineers, test supervisors, to define diagnostics test requirements, develop diagnostics test programs, and validate diagnostics
- Identify, evaluate and recommend diagnostic tools or systems
- Develop and deploy functional test equipment, fixtures and procedures for new and sustaining products.
- Coordinate with manufacturing support team to define and deploy product manufacturing execution
- Monitor test failure trends in production and implement corrective actions to improve production test yields.
- Provide direction for all test, diagnostics and documentation activities for Ross Video computer systems
- Assist in developing Manufacturing Work Instructions for NPI
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Completed a program of Computer Systems/Engineering Technology
- Practical knowledge of common programming languages including C++, expect, VB, Auto‑It
- Hands on experience with Linux shell scripting.
- Hands on experience with PC configurations and Windows.
- Ability to develop automated test scripts for embedded systems
- Ability to interface with design engineers and supervisors to influence new products for DFx, resolves technical issues, and defines NPI test strategy.
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Understanding of digital design concepts and development practices.
- Basic understanding of video broadcasting equipment and architecture.
- Ability to test and troubleshoot all levels of analog and digital circuits to component level.
- Knowledge of analog and digital measurement techniques and design margin principals.
- Ability to set up and use lab equipment including oscilloscopes, waveform analyzers, signal generators, and other test equipment.
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills
- Strong verbal & written communications skills
- Strong teamwork & interpersonal skills
- Ability to interface effectively and meet deadlines
- Require minimal direction towards daily goals and objectives
- Possesses 5+ years in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs to move equipment and product as required
- Individual work stations in manufacturing environment
- Afternoon shift preference would be considered an asset.
- Must cover rings and watches
- Moderate Noise