Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for Ross Video? Click on Apply Now
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please click on Tell A Friend
to send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply NowTell A Friend
Ross Video is a world leader in High Definition Video Production Equipment, designed and manufactured in Canada and sold world-wide. Our products are used by a who’s who of the global entertainment industry, including top broadcast networks like NBC, ABC, CBS and Fox in the USA; Rogers, CTV and the CBC in Canada and others around the world from Fiji to Finland and everywhere in between. We are #1 in providing behind the scenes HD production gear used in Sports Stadiums including places where the NY Mets, LA Lakers, Pittsburgh Penguins and Buffalo Bills play. Our equipment was used extensively at the Vancouver 2010 and other Olympic games. Our systems are used by top acts including Springsteen, Blink 182, The Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Police to name a few.
||Senior Test Technician
Duties, Responsibilities and Accountability:
- Production troubleshooting, repair request, testing/calibration following established procedures, policies and protocols.
- RMA (customer returns and repairs) processing, from troubleshooting, repair request, upgrades, testing/calibration and case documentation.
- Technical support to assembly testers and technicians, by validating test procedures, setup and infrastructure integrity.
- Collaborate with Test Development group for launching new products, procedures, training and technologies to production test group.
- Work with co-workers and immediate supervisor to meet production demands.
- Use various test equipment and tools to test and debug products.
- Assist in the co-ordination of ECO and software release implementation.
- Configure and test product to meet sales order criteria.
- Actively feedback problematic component and design issues to engineering and Test Development groups.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Two year Electronic Technician diploma or Three year Electronic Engineering Technology diploma is highly desirable.
- Very good electronic circuit knowledge and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in the operation of standard electronic test equipment
- Must be familiar with high-speed scopes, waveform/vector monitors, DVMs, etc.
- Able to read schematics
- Knowledge of electronic components and their sources
- Knowledge of video standards and broadcasting
- Good understanding of product structures and part number significance.
- General understanding of various programming and scripting languages
- Above average PC/Windows computer skills.
- Strong technical abilities and good organizational skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and decision making skills
- Self-starter, quick learner and are able to work with minimum supervision in meeting schedules and deadlines.
- High initiative and well developed analytical skills
- Min. 5 years experience working as a Test Technician
- Some supervisory experience is an asset
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs (large panels)
- Individual work stations in manufacturing environment
- Moderate Noise