Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for Ross Video? Click on Apply Now
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please click on Tell A Friend
to send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply NowTell A Friend
Ross Video is a world leader in High Definition Video Production Equipment, designed and manufactured in Canada and sold world-wide. Our products are used by a who’s who of the global entertainment industry, including top broadcast networks like NBC, ABC, CBS and Fox in the USA; Rogers, CTV and the CBC in Canada and others around the world from Fiji to Finland and everywhere in between. We are # 1 in providing behind the scenes HD production gear used in Sports Stadiums including places where the NY Mets, LA Lakers, Pittsburgh Penguins and Buffalo Bills play. Our equipment was used extensively at the Vancouver 2010 and other Olympic games. Our systems are used by top acts including Springsteen, Blink 182, The Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Police to name a few. Join Ross and you will have a chance to work on advanced technology used in a wide variety of very cool ways by our clients.
We are looking for a technical professional to join our test group. Selected candidate will perform the following principal duties:
- Performs testing, calibration and troubleshoots assemblies and products.
- Read English, Write English
- Follow test procedures to calibrate and test products.
- Assist Assembly/Testers
- Perform light high level assembly, interconnect and fasten assemblies.
- Identify products failing test procedure specifications and troubleshoot and repair assembly accordingly.
- Supply specific repair instructions to SMT rework staff.
- Use waveform monitors, oscilloscopes, DVM’s to test and debug products.
- Document failure data
- Configure systems to meet sales order criteria.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Two year technician diploma or a three year electronic technology diploma.
- Good electronic circuit knowledge and troubleshooting skills
Experience in the operation of standard electronic test equipment
- Must be familiar with high-speed scopes, waveform/vector monitors, noise meters, DVMs, etc.
- Able to read schematics
- Knowledge of electronic components and their sources
Ability to solder if required
- Knowledge of video standards and broadcasting would be an asset
- Above average PC/Windows computer skills.
- Strong technical abilities and good organizational skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills
Ability to work as a member of a team or independently
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong aptitude for learning
- Min. 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs (large panels)
- Individual work stations in manufacturing environment
- Moderate Noise