Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for Ross Video? Click on Apply Now
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please click on Tell A Friend
to send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply NowTell A Friend
Ross Video is a world leader in High Definition Video Production Equipment, designed and manufactured in Canada and sold world-wide. Our products are used by a who’s who of the global entertainment industry, including top broadcast networks like NBC, ABC, CBS and Fox in the USA; Rogers, CTV and the CBC in Canada and others around the world from Fiji to Finland and everywhere in between. We are #1 in providing behind the scenes HD production gear used in Sports Stadiums including places where the NY Mets, LA Lakers, Pittsburgh Penguins and Buffalo Bills play. Our equipment was used extensively at the Vancouver 2010 and other Olympic games. Our systems are used by top acts including Springsteen, Blink 182, The Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Police to name a few. Join Ross and you will have a chance to work on advanced technology used in a wide variety of very cool ways by our clients.
||Product Verification Hardware Manager
You will be working with the Infrastructure Product Verification (PV) and Development team, on innovative customer focused product solutions for production facilities.
Reporting to the Product Verification Director in Ottawa, you will liaise directly with the multi-functional Ross teams to ensure that the product meets customer requirements and expectations, with a special attention to Quality. Your team management experience will enable you to motivate and drive an engaged team in order to meet aggressive time and schedule commitments with Quality.
You will be responsible for the PV end to end process in your team and contribute to the testing effort when the need arises.
Product Verification process
- Become familiar with the Ross NPI process and the PV deliverables
- Responsible for creating test estimates from the requirement documents, and other sources, for those products that are assigned to the PV Manager, as well as for driving the review and approval of the test plan through to completion.
- Expected to do active testing, depending on project demands
- Drive test coverage and test case execution efficiencies with automation
- Interface and coordinate with the Software PV team, as required.
- Become a test automation champion within PV.
- Ensure that the team has the required training, tools and equipment to enable automation.
- Work closely with the automation team to drive requirements into that team for your area.
- Oversee PV staff as assigned, including scheduling of tasks, verification of work, and monitoring progress.
- Monitor the outputs of the team for accuracy and consistency.
- Ensure the consistent use of company policies and procedures.
- Create a positive and rewarding team environment.
- Responsible for hiring in your team
- Responsible for performance evaluations and management for each member of your team.
- Perform other related duties as required.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have passion. You're passionate about product verification and test automation.
- You like people. Knowledge is all around you, and you know that finding and talking to the right people is the way to get things done. You recognize that excellent communication skills are as important as technical skills.
- You love learning new stuff. You know how to ask questions - and how to listen to answers. You absorb knowledge like a sponge. You enjoy keeping up to date on the latest technologies.
- You love training team members, sharing and documenting basic concepts.
- You enjoy travelling and meeting colleagues and customers as a means to get things done.
- You enjoy new technical challenges, and are excited at being the Infrastructure PV Manager
WHAT YOU KNOW
- Degree or diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Management Experience
- Test automation experience
- Network configuration experience (basic IP routing & configuration)
- Hardware understanding (Scopes, WFM, FPGA Configuration, JTAG, JBERT, Network Analyzer, etc)
- Software verification background (desired)
- Broadcast equipment operation, experienced with broadcast control systems (desired)
- Basic Video specifications experience (desired)
||Research & Development