Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for Ross Video? Click on Apply Now
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please click on Tell A Friend
to send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply NowTell A Friend
Ross Video is a world leader in High Definition Video Production Equipment, designed and manufactured in Canada and sold world-wide. Our products are used by a who’s who of the global entertainment industry, including top broadcast networks like NBC, ABC, CBS and Fox in the USA; Rogers, CTV and the CBC in Canada and others around the world from Fiji to Finland and everywhere in between. We are #1 in providing behind the scenes HD production gear used in Sports Stadiums including places where the NY Mets, LA Lakers, Pittsburgh Penguins and Buffalo Bills play. Our equipment was used extensively at the Vancouver 2010 and other Olympic games. Our systems are used by top acts including Springsteen, Blink 182, The Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Police to name a few. Join Ross and you will have a chance to work on advanced technology used in a wide variety of very cool ways by our clients.
||Technical Support Specialist - Ottawa
Duties, Responsibilities and Accountability:
- Manages customer service/technical support calls and follow documentation policies.
- Expediting of returned material from the field for service reasons.
- Carries pager for emergency services (24 hours a day) on a rotating basis.
- Provides effective installation/commissioning service. This will include frequent planned travel.
- Provides effective customer/technical service.
- Provides effective field service, as required. This may include international travel on short notice.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Technical diploma and knowledge of broadcast systems.
- Additional education and computer courses are strong assets.
- Must be fluent in the English language (read, write, speak).
- Fluency in French, Spanish and/or Portugese languages are also considered to be an asset.
- Well-organized, very detail oriented, and able to work on multiple projects
- Approachable and excellent communication skills
- Able to envision the entire project and look for problem areas
- High initiative and well developed analytical skills
- Must be able to work with a team as well as independently
- Management experience
- Excellent trouble shooting and debugging skills
- High level of customer service experience in a retail or manufacturing environment
- Excellent understanding of Ross Video products and parts
- Strong knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Management experience
- Experience with an MIS system such as MAX or similar database is an asset
- Valid Driver’s License and Access to a vehicle
- Current Passport
- Home phone to respond to after hours technical support calls when carrying pager. Ross Video will provide a calling card or reimburse long distance expenses.
- Office Environment
- Possible heavy lifting if moving equipment
- Travel (short-notice and international trips)
||Sales Support & Services