Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for Ross Video? Click on Apply Now
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please click on Tell A Friend
to send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply NowTell A Friend
||Ross Video is a world leader in High Definition Video Production Equipment, designed and manufactured in Canada and sold worldwide. Our products are used by a who’s who of the global entertainment industry, including top broadcast networks like NBC, ABC, CBS and Fox in the USA; Rogers, CTV and the CBC in Canada; and others around the world from Fiji to Finland and everywhere in between. We are #1 in providing behind-the-scenes HD production gear used in Sports Stadiums including places where the NY Mets, LA Lakers, Pittsburgh Penguins, and Buffalo Bills play. Our equipment was used extensively at the Vancouver 2010 and other Olympic games. Our systems are used by top acts including Springsteen, Blink 182, The Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Police to name a few. Join Ross Video, and you will have a chance to work on advanced technology used in a wide variety of very cool ways by our clients.
||IT Helpdesk Technician
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
Working within the corporate IT team located in Ottawa, the successful candidate will have worldwide responsibilities to support every area of our rapidly growing employee base with key focus on Windows Desktops and Laptops and general Linux client support. You’ll maintain and contribute to the physical inventory strategy and asset control; you’ll be part of a core team that directly contributes to Ross Video’s success.
WHO YOU ARE
- You enjoy new technical challenges, and are excited at the prospect of helping a growing company get sophisticated. Tasks will range from daily help desk tickets to assisting Sys Admins with large scale projects. Big or small, you're up for the job.
- You are a self-starter. You're happy to take the reins and take initiative. When you finish something, you're already looking for the next challenge.
- You like people. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You recognize that communication skills are as important as technical skills.
- You love learning new stuff. You know how to ask questions - and how to listen to answers. You absorb knowledge like a sponge. You're happy to dig through code, track down obscure issues, and solve problems other people haven't.
WHAT YOU KNOW
- Minimum 2-4 years IT experience in a Help Desk role
- Strong knowledge of Windows Desktop Operating Systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Some experience with Fedora Linux and Mac OSX
- Intermediate knowledge of networking
- PC hardware background is a strong asset
- Experience in a product development environment is an asset
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle for occasional travel to our Iroquois location
||IT & MIS