Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for Ross Video? Click on Apply Now
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please click on Tell A Friend
to send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply NowTell A Friend
Ross Video is a world leader in High Definition Video Production Equipment, designed and manufactured in Canada and sold world-wide. Our products are used by a who’s who of the global entertainment industry, including top broadcast networks like NBC, ABC, CBS and Fox in the USA; Rogers, CTV and the CBC in Canada and others around the world from Fiji to Finland and everywhere in between. We are #1 in providing behind the scenes HD production gear used in Sports Stadiums including places where the NY Mets, LA Lakers, Pittsburgh Penguins and Buffalo Bills play. Our equipment was used extensively at the Vancouver 2010 and other Olympic games. Our systems are used by top acts including Springsteen, Blink 182, The Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Police to name a few. Join Ross and you will have a chance to work on advanced technology used in a wide variety of very cool ways by our clients.
||Demonstration & Tradeshow Equipment Specialist
The Demonstration & Tradeshow Equipment (DTE) Specialist is an integral part of the Ross Video Sales Operations organization. Their primary responsibility is the hands on design; build; and test of equipment configurations used for customer product demonstrations, tradeshows and other regional marketing events. They partner with Ross Video’s Marketing teams in order to ensure that the company’s solution and value proposition is communicated appropriately in all engagements. They work closely with Ross Video’s Sales teams to deliver a superior customer demonstration experience.
DTE Specialists exude integrity, drive and passion while demonstrating a high level of technical aptitude; superior time management and organizational skills.
- Maintains an accurate library of up-to-date technical information on all of Ross Video’s products. Designs, builds, maintains and continually tests demonstration equipment kits to be deployed globally
- Partners with Ross Video’s Product Marketing teams in an effort to continually improve upon the company’s demonstration experience for our customers. This includes, but is not limited to changes to new content development, improvements to processes, services and workflows
- Effectively maintains the company’s global supply of demonstration equipment, including Ross Video’s Centres of Excellence in Ottawa, London, and Singapore
- Ensures accuracy of demo equipment stock through the use of inventory tracking software
- Partners with Finance department to document transactions associated with demo inventory
- Prepares paperwork to support global customs clearances and other documentation as required for the proper shipment of all Demonstration freight
- Creates and maintains up-to-date and relevant schematics, as well as other diagrams relating to demonstration equipment fleet
- Performs other related duties as required
- Electronics Technical Diploma combined with 2 years of Television Broadcast / Video Experience or Broadcast Technology Diploma
- Additional education in related fields and/or computer courses taken is considered to be strong assets
- A general understanding of video production for news and sports, as well an understanding of Ross Video's products are also considered to be an asset
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel, VISIO or AutoCAD
- Excellent communication & organizational skills
- Strong technical aptitude
- Professional, flexible with a high tolerance for ambiguity
- Ability to envision a project, while identifying potential issues
- Able to function well with tight deadlines, often under stressful situations
- Adapts quickly to change
- Detail oriented
- Must be able to work well within a team, as well as independently
- Able to manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Ross Video’s products is considered to be an asset
- Demonstrated experience installing technical equipment, preferably in a broadcast or video production environment
- Proven trouble-shooting skills
- Required to set-up equipment – involves lifting up to 50 lbs, reaching, bending, stooping, etc.
- Office (primary), moderate noise
- Travel required
- Willing to travel approximately 25% of the time
- Valid & up-to-date passport
- Valid & clean driver’s license