Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for Ross Video? Click on Apply Now
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please click on Tell A Friend
to send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply NowTell A Friend
Ross Video is a world leader in High Definition Video Production Equipment, designed and manufactured in Canada and sold world-wide. Our products are used by a who’s who of the global entertainment industry, including top broadcast networks like NBC, ABC, CBS and Fox in the USA; Rogers, CTV and the CBC in Canada and others around the world from Fiji to Finland and everywhere in between. We are #1 in providing behind the scenes HD production gear used in Sports Stadiums including places where the NY Mets, LA Lakers, Pittsburgh Penguins and Buffalo Bills play. Our equipment was used extensively at the Vancouver 2010 and other Olympic games. Our systems are used by top acts including Springsteen, Blink 182, The Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Police to name a few. Join Ross and you will have a chance to work on advanced technology used in a wide variety of very cool ways by our clients.
||Product Verification Specialist
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
This is a full time position as part of the Ross Video Product Verification team at our Ottawa Research Facility. Reporting to the PV Manager, the successful candidate will work with design teams to develop and execute comprehensive tests that emulate how our customers use our products. Our product lines are diverse and include Windows based client/server systems, client applications that run on Windows, Linux and Mac OS and custom hardware running Linux. As a Ross Video Product Verification Specialist your testing may be focused on one product line or be spread across several products in a system.
WHO YOU ARE
- You enjoy new technical challenges, and are excited at the prospect of applying innovative testing solutions that will have a direct impact on product quality and delivery.
- You are a communicator. You're good at sharing your test results in writing and in person with other members of the team. You recognize that communication skills are as important as technical skills.
- You like people. Knowledge is all around you, and you know that finding and talking to the right people is the way to get things done.
- You love learning new stuff. You know how to ask questions - and how to listen to answers. You absorb knowledge like a sponge. You can apply what you learn to your work.
- You are meticulous. You pay attention to detail and leave no stone unturned. You make a careful effort to document your findings.
WHAT YOU KNOW
- Post Secondary education in Engineering, Computer/Software Engineering, or Computer Science (Required)
- Experience in Software Verification Testing or Software Quality Assurance (Required)
- Experience working with Windows 7, Windows Server, Linux and/or Mac OS (Required)
- Good understanding of the Client/Server software architecture and related testing methodologies (Desired)
- Good understanding of IP networking and network protocols such as SSH, FTP, etc. (Desired)
- Experience with test case management systems, bug tracking systems and test plan development (Desired)
- Experience with test automation in the Windows environment and tools such as RFT or QTP (An Asset)
- Familiarity with broadcast video formats, TV production equipment or newsroom (NRCS) systems (An Asset)
||Research & Development