Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for Ross Video? Click on Apply Now
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please click on Tell A Friend
to send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply NowTell A Friend
Ross Video is a world leader in High Definition Video Production Equipment, designed and manufactured in Canada and sold world-wide. Our products are used by a who’s who of the global entertainment industry, including top broadcast networks like NBC, ABC, CBS and Fox in the USA; Rogers, CTV and the CBC in Canada and others around the world from Fiji to Finland and everywhere in between. We are #1 in providing behind the scenes HD production gear used in Sports Stadiums including places where the NY Mets, LA Lakers, Pittsburgh Penguins and Buffalo Bills play. Our equipment was used extensively at the Vancouver 2010 and other Olympic games. Our systems are used by top acts including Springsteen, Blink 182, The Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Police to name a few. Join Ross and you will have a chance to work on advanced technology used in a wide variety of very cool ways by our clients.
||We currently have two open positions for Systems Assemblers in the Iroquois manufacturing facility.
Duties, Responsibilities and Accountability:
- Assembles panels, frames, solders electronic components, and subassemblies
- Positions and mounts units according to instructions, regarding duties to be performed
- Reads work orders, follows production drawings and sample assemblies, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Positions and aligns parts in specified relationship to each other in jig, fixture, or other holding device.
- Crimps, screws, bolts, rivets, press fits, tweaks pots, sanding, solder leads and components, cleaning or performs similar operations to join or secure parts in place.
- Connects component lead wires to printed circuit or routes and connects wires between individual component leads and other components, connectors, terminals, and contact points.
- Installs finished assemblies or subassemblies in panels.
- Assembles and attaches hardware, such as caps, knobs, switches, clamps, bumpers, clips, fasteners, nuts, washers, labels to assemblies.
- Performs intermediate assembly tasks, such as cleaning, sanding, packaging etc.
- Functional tests of assemblies and panels
- Makes electrical connections
- Does electrical testing of production
- Performs assembly tasks like kitting, tag defective parts and transfer to holding area for evaluation and repair
- Maintains records data
- May work in a variety of positions in a progressive assembly
- Takes periodic inventory of stock and assembly
- Shift work or overtime may be required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Capable of following procedures and work logically
- Strong aptitude for learning
- Good organizational skills
- 1-2 years experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset
- Fine soldering skills and previous experience soldering electronic components is an asset
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs (large panels)
- Individual work stations in manufacturing environment
- Must cover rings and watches
- Moderate Noise