Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for Ross Video? Click on Apply Now
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please click on Tell A Friend
to send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply NowTell A Friend
Ross Video is a world leader in High Definition Video Production Equipment, designed and manufactured in Canada and sold world-wide. Our products are used by a who’s who of the global entertainment industry, including top broadcast networks like NBC, ABC, CBS and Fox in the USA; Rogers, CTV and the CBC in Canada and others around the world from Fiji to Finland and everywhere in between. We are # 1 in providing behind the scenes HD production gear used in Sports Stadiums including places where the NY Mets, LA Lakers, Pittsburgh Penguins and Buffalo Bills play. Our equipment was used extensively at the Vancouver 2010 and other Olympic games. Our systems are used by top acts including Springsteen, Blink 182, The Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Police to name a few. Join Ross and you will have a chance to work on advanced technology used in a wide variety of very cool ways by our clients.
||Software Developer - Test Automation
|WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
Reporting to the Automation Development Manager, the successful candidate will develop software used to automatically test Ross Video products. The automation software will be the building blocks and reused for many years to come. You will work closely with the automation developers, product software developers and product verification specialists. You will have the opportunity to work on different Ross Video product lines and exposed to a variety of new technologies. This position is located at our Ottawa Research and Development Facility and would be a great opportunity for new graduates with co-op experience.
WHO YOU ARE
- You enjoy new technical challenges, and are excited at the prospect of using your strong programming skills to automate tests in various Ross Video products, applying innovative automation approaches that will have a direct impact on product quality and delivery.
- You are passionate. You're happy to take the reins and drive the execution of your test automation to completion.
- You like people. Knowledge is all around you, and you know that finding and talking to the right people is the way to get things done. You recognize that communication skills are as important as technical skills.
- You love learning new stuff. You know how to ask questions - and how to listen to answers. You absorb knowledge like a sponge. You enjoy keeping up to date on the latest testing strategies and the very latest on the use of social media applications.
WHAT YOU KNOW
- University Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalents (Required)
- Strong software development skills (Required)
- Experience in Object-Oriented Programming and Java software development (Required)
- Experience in at least one scripting language such as Tcl, PHP, Visual Basic or equivalents (Required)
- Experience in test automation development (Desired)
- Programming experience in Windows environment (Desired)
||Research & Development