Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||The Wellesley of Victoria
||Facility Support Services
||Under the direction of the Manager or Designate is responsible for the night janitorial and security duties of the Front Desk between 12 a.m. and 8 a.m.
||1. Responsible for the general security of the buildings and residents including the parking lot, front door accesses, fire panel and resident emergency call system;
2. Responsible to complete a minimum of three security walks in the buildings to secure doors. During security walk, shake all walk-off mats outside the doors to remove dirt at various exit doors throughout the buildings and both entrances. Pick-up and dispose of boxes left in the halls. Deliver newspapers to suites as scheduled, updates daily events boards for next day;
3. Clean offices by dusting all ledges and window sills, wipe venetian blinds with damp cloth, wipe all desk surfaces, wipe down photocopier, filing cabinets, computer and telephones, wipe dust from switch plates, empty garbage/recycling cans and vacuum all carpeted areas;
4. Clean front entrance area by washing front doors and windows, shine and polish handles and kickplate;
5. Clean elevators. Lock down elevator on the main floor, wipe all interior walls, check ceiling grids, and outtake fan behind and clean as needed. Clean stainless steel areas and vacuum carpets.
6. Empty all garbage cans in the store, garden lounge, including behind the counter, mail room, all office areas, hair salon and washrooms;
7. Clean main foyer by dry and wet mopping nightly. Buffs marble floors nightly;
8. Read and initial the log book from previous shirt. Keep other shifts and the Manager informed by recording all incidents and information in the log relative to the next shift (e.g. emergencies, administrative, resident, maintenance and marketing issues);
9. Vacuum and tidy garden lounge, lobby and hall outside dining room and the dining room on weekend, holidays and as required;
10. Clean mail room nightly. Wipe ledges, wipe finger prints from mail boxes;
11. Clean hair salon weekly by washing floors, counter, sinks, ledges, doors and mirrors. Dust fixtures and furniture and ledges;
12. Clean public washrooms as required. Wash fixtures, sinks, toilets, counters and floors as required to keep sanitary and look neat and clean.
13. Takes down special events set-ups and returns to designated areas.
||• Grade 10
• Completion of a recognized course in housekeeping services or equivalent experience
• First Aid Certification
• Two years experience in hotel and/or residential apartment cleaning or equivalent;
• Ability to take direction and learn procedures;
• Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy, empathy, patience and concern in providing quality services to residents