Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Director of Care
||Kamloops Seniors Village (KSV)
||Facility Management [General Managers][Departmental Managers]
||Full Time Regular
||Responsible to the General Manager, the Director of Care is accountable for directing care staff and promoting departmental activities to maintain high quality resident care. Central responsibilities include the assessment of nursing care, the planning and implementation of programs to meet resident needs, and the coordination of ongoing care education at the facility. An ability to communicate effectively with residents and their families, staff, and others in the community is essential. The Director of Care acts as a professional role model for all staff.
||1. Works with the management team in defining goals of the organization and contributes to the development of Company policies and procedures by providing input and feedback.
2. Recruits and hires qualified nursing staff and arranges orientation to their responsibilities.
3. Provides direction and support to staff in their daily physical, psychological and social care of residents.
4. Arranges in-service and educational sessions to provide for increased learning and skill development.
5. Applies corporate management policies, interprets collective agreements and responds to grievances as required.
6. Evaluates staff performance and makes recommendations for improvement where indicated.
7. Schedules and delegates duties to care staff within staffing guidelines and departmental budget.
8. Supervises the efficient use of facility supplies, equipment and manpower within the department’s budget.
9. Meets with nursing staff at regular intervals and encourages their participation in assessment, planning and evaluation of resident care and other activities to fulfill department goals.
10. Disciplines and terminates staff following facility policies and procedures in collaboration with the GM.
11. Coordinates the admission and discharge of residents with all stakeholders.
12. Coordinates resident care with families, other departments, other care services and agencies. Liaises with physicians, community agency representatives, families, visitors and volunteers.
13. Maintains a safe environment for clients/family unit and staff, through:
(a) accident prevention,
(b) knowledge of emergency procedures and regulations,
(c) using skills, physical facilities, supplies and equipment safely and appropriately, and
(d) utilizing infection control procedures.
14. Ensures that programs related to risk management are established (e.g. Infection Control, Medication Safety Committee, Medical Advisory Committee, Staff Safety Committee). Reports and monitors all resident care indicators through the Care Management software program.
15. Monitors adherence to all applicable legislation and regulations.
16. Ensures staff are aware of all company policies and procedures and ensures communication to staff when policies and procedures are changed or added.
17. Ensures paper and electronic documents are maintained as per established standards, regulations, policies and procedures, ensuring confidentiality is maintained as per policies.
18. Encourages and adheres to a holistic philosophy of wellness, recognizing that each individual is capable of, to varying degrees making decisions about his/her life and is a partner in the decision.
||1. Current registration with the CRNBC, a degree in nursing and progressive nursing experience and education, in which leadership and administrative skills have been demonstrated.
2. Minimum of three years work experience in management/administration.
3. Minimum of three years work experience in geriatrics.
4. OR a suitable combination of education and experience.