Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Laundry Aide (Casual)
||Williams Lake Seniors Village
||Facility Support Services
||Under the direction of the Support Services Manager and/or designate, performs routine and special duties involved in providing laundry services to the residents and tenants of the facility. Duties are performed in accordance with established policies and procedures. Responds to resident/tenant and building emergencies as required.
||• Processes linens and resident’s personal clothing in a manner that prevents the spread of infection by proper handling, storage, washing and transportation of all linen and clothing.
• Responsible for all aspects of linen and clothing processing, including but not limited to:
-collecting soiled items from designated areas,
-sort, wash, dry, hang and fold clothing and linen items as per facility procedures
-redistribute clean linens and personal clothing to the designated areas
• Uses labeling equipment and labels all resident clothing and personal items
• Maintains a clean and tidy work environment. Operates and maintains equipment including washers, dryers, and transport carts.
• Reports maintenance concerns and damaged linen to the designated manager.
• Participates in facility committees and quality improvement initiatives.
• Other related duties as required.
||• Grade 10 or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• WHIMIS Certificate an asset.
• Ability to communicate effectively both in written and oral English.
• Ability to take direction and learn procedures.
• Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy, empathy, patience and concern in providing quality services to clients.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Must be in good health and free from communicable diseases, physically able to perform tasks related to the position.
• Must be free of allergies or conditions, which may be aggravated by working with cleaners, detergents and equipment.