1. Carries out established recreation and leisure programs.
2. Works with the Recreation Coordinator and residents to develop innovative recreation and leisure programs.
3. Coordinates opportunities for residents to be as fully involved and independently responsible as possible.
4. Assists, encourages and motivates residents to participate in programs.
5. Assists residents to, during, and from programs as necessary.
6. Observes and reports any changes in residents to Recreation Manager and / or LPN.
7. Ensures residents’ rights are maintained.
8. Ensures recreation equipment and supplies are used, maintained and stored in a safe, clean and efficient manner. Reports unsafe or faulty equipment to manager.
9. Actively participates in C.Q.I. programs, meetings, committees and educational in-services as required.
10. Promotes and publicizes programs and special events.
11. Produces a monthly resident newsletter.
12. Maintains appropriate documentation as per policy and procedures, confidentiality and security.
13. Provides assistance, guidance and support to the volunteers. Assists Recreation Manager in the evaluation processes of volunteers.
14. Encourages residents to be volunteers in their own community.
15. Assists with admission / orientation of new residents.
16. Maintains a current knowledge of Administrative and emergency policies and procedures and participates in fire evacuations drills.
17. Performs other related duties to ensure quality holistic resident service.