Regular Maintenance, Repairs and Building Improvements:
• Inspects operating condition of all equipment and logs information daily.
• Inspects alarm, call, and security systems and logs information daily.
• Diagnoses equipment malfunctions.
• Schedules and supervises service work.
• Ensures the safety of the building, equipment, staff and residents.
• Complete general repairs to electrical, plumbing and other building components commensurate with the capabilities of an experienced maintenance trade person
• Sources and prices replacement or repair items by following Retirement Concepts purchasing guidelines
• Be available for emergency call-ins.
• Makes recommendations for repairs, replacements, or upgrades to be reviewed with the RCD Project Maintenance Manager and be involved in facility improvement projects.
• Maintains a painting/touch-up schedule
• Washes and/or cleans up refuse, which may have been missed by Housekeeping/Janitorial staff.
• Attends to garbage and general clean up in resident and public areas (Exterior and Interior).
• Assists Housekeeping if requested.
• Ensures the safety of staff, residents, guests, and vendor personnel by ensuring all areas of the building and its exterior grounds are maintained in a safe condition (i.e. snow clearing, debris, and leaves, etc.)
• Implements snow removal and de-icing program either directly or via a contractor as directed by company policy such that the safety of residents, staff and visitors is not compromised
• Oversees the pest control program.
• Maintains organized and safe work and storage areas.
Fire & Life Safety:
• Assists the Fire Safety Director in drills.
• Maintains scheduled certification for fire systems.
• Complies with fire regulations.
• Implements all repair and maintenance activities in a safe manner while abiding by appropriate Work Safe BC regulations
• Implements a preventing maintenance schedule as per the Facility Maintenance Program under the direction of the RCD Project Maintenance Manager
• Maintains a log entry of daily routines, general repairs, scheduled, and non-scheduled maintenance items on all equipment.
• Prioritizes maintenance requests and scheduled work loads so the work can be performed in an efficient manner.
• Provides support or instruction to staff that may be operating the facility’s equipment
• Implements programs which conserve and save energy for lighting and other equipment..
• Takes initiatives in gaining knowledge and skill relating to the maintenance position.
• Participates in facility events.
• Always maintains a neat appearance and be attired in clean, safe and presentable clothing.
• Rubber-soled, steel-toed safety shoes.