1. Communicate and coordinate OH&S (Occupational Health & Safety) procedures, policies and systems on daily basis to all site-based personnel
2. Implement OH&S programs: provide internal training or arrange external safety training to site employees.
3. Work with the Project Manager and Site Superintendent (or other) to ensure employees and sub-trades receive training on any applicable OH&S systems/procedures and adhere to provincial regulations
4. Conduct daily safety inspections on site and safety compliance audits
5. Ensure all workers and on-site personnel receive orientation training
6. Educate staff and sub-trades and promote safety to ensure compliance with the company and jobsite health and safety program and rules and regulations of Work Safe BC
7. Liaise with regulatory authorities at the site level to assist and resolve any issues of non-compliance
8. Attend training sessions to increase awareness of safety issues pertaining to construction activities
9. Provide Emergency Medical Response
10. Investigate all injuries, accidents and ‘near misses’. Identify the causes and advise on any improvement in safety standards that need to be made to prevent future incidents.
11. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of and enforce OH&S legislation and codes of practice
12. Encourage and educate employees to take precautions and adhere to safety rules to protect themselves and the equipment they use from damage
13. Identify and review various health and safety concerns specific to the work site
14. Ensure construction site activities do not put non-construction site people outside of the site at risk
15. Produce and maintain complete, organized and proper documents, standing operating procedures and manuals required by Work Safe BC, including the timely reporting of incidents (as required) and/or filing of appropriate documents
16. Work with the Project manager and Project Superintendents in the enforcement of OH&S Regulations, Site Safety Inspections, Fall Protection plans and company’s safety policies and procedures
17. Enforce and maintain a clean, organized and safe work site.