Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Home Support Worker
||Nanaimo Seniors Village
||Facility Support Services
||Under supervision of the General Manager and LPN, and within the Delegated Tasks, performs routine functions involved in the provision of personalized assistance to Assisted Living Clients. Duties are performed in accordance with established regulations for Assisted Living, in a manner which respects the uniqueness-, dignity, worth, and self determination of the individual, promotes maximum personal and functional independence and reflects the Personal Service Plan for the client.
||1. Provides holistic personalized assistance to AL clients, ensuring that Activities of Daily Living needs are met (e.g. Transferring, safe mobility, assistance with personal hygiene, bathing, dressing, grooming, eating and assisting with medications) as reflected in the Personal Service Plan for that client.
2. Using established methods of communication, observes and reports to the Director of Care any changes in clients’ functional and cognitive behaviour.
3. Encourages (and assists where appropriate) clients to participate in social, physical, spiritual and recreational activities.
4. Under the direction of the Director of Care assists with delegated tasks which have been demonstrated, understood and which you have agreed to perform.
5. Maintains a clean and safe environment for clients and staff. Reports unsafe or faulty equipment immediately.
6. Ensures care equipment and supplies are stored safely and efficiently.
7. Ensures client rights are maintained and respected at all times.
8. Responds appropriately to clients unscheduled care requests, reports same to Director of Care.
9. Actively participates in meetings and educational in-services.
10. Practices a holistic philosophy of wellness, recognizing that the client is a partner in all decision making and understanding that helping to maintain independence for as long as possible for all clients is important.
||1. Graduate from a recognized Care Aide Program.
2. Previous experience in a long term care facility preferred.
3. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in the English language.
4. Good interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with the various individuals involved in providing holistic care in a flexible resident focused environment.
5. Must be in good health and free from communicable diseases, physically able to perform repetitive tasks, lift, squat, bend, stand and walking as required to perform the duties of the position.