Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Human Resources Generalist
||Full Time Temporary
||Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the Human Resources Generalist (“the HRG”) will provide support to and/or assist with i) the company’s corporate recruitment function in its entirety and ii) the delivery of corporate human resource programs, policies and initiatives. These will include the following key recruitment-specific responsibilities; coordination of the job posting function and daily operation of the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and/or the career page (under the direction and guidance of the Manager, Recruitment), placement of external advertisements, scheduling and coordination of interviews, reference checks, candidate pre-screens and other related tasks, as required.
Also, outside of the recruitment portfolio the HRG will be expected to participate actively in the following areas: researching/developing/implementing a compensation framework, performance management, succession planning and staff engagement initiatives and a corporate new employee orientation strategy. The HRGC will also support the Director, HR and/or the HR Advisor(s) with matters relating to the Company’s execution of its Labour and Employee Relations practices and commitments.
The HRG delivers support in a manner consistent with the company’s client centered philosophy, which recognizes its staff, managers, residents, families and suppliers as its customers.
Please note, this is a one (1) year contract position.
Accounts for approximately 60% of the role. Supports the Manager, Recruitment in ensuring the department’s corporate recruitment endeavors are i) consistent with the goals as established by the Director, HR and ii) said goals are met in a timely, cost-effective manner. These include (but are not restricted to):
1. Assists in ensuring the established corporate recruitment process is communicated (to all hiring managers) effectively and adopted consistently
2. Takes a lead role in coordinating the HireDesk ATS (Applicant Tracking System) including updating and general maintenance of job postings as well as optimizing utilization.
3. Coordinates the posting of all new open positions, as directed by Manager, Recruitment. This includes HireDesk and the company career page as well as indentifying, recommending and facilitating external resources to post positions.
4. Participates in the candidate pre-screening process
5. Assists in the scheduling of candidate (internal & external) interviews and, depending on the role, will participate in and/or coordinate the interview process
6. Participates in facilitation of references and criminal record check protocols
7. Under the direction of the Manager, Recruitment assists in the preparation and (as required) the presentation of offers of employment to candidates.
8. Other recruitment-specific duties as required/developed.
B. General HR initiatives:
1. Accounts for approximately 40% of the role. Assists in researching, developing and implementing a variety of corporate HR initiatives, which will include (but is not limited to) the following:
o Corporate compensation framework; to encompass all (non-union) positions/departments. This may involve participating in industry-specific pay and/or benefits surveys (data collection and analysis, etc.).
o Performance Management System; assist in the formalization, implementation and ongoing use of a corporate performance management system/process for union and non-union employees
o Staff Engagement; assist in the development and implementation of a corporate ‘staff engagement’ initiative, as well as succession planning (at the corporate and facility levels) and new hire orientations.
2. Support for the Director, HR and/or the HR Advisors re: the execution of the HR department’s Labour and/or Employee Relations initiatives.
3. Other general HR-related duties as required.
||1. 3 or more years recruitment-specific experience (with 2 or more years general HR experience preferred
2. HR-related Certificate/Diploma and CHRP designation preferred (not mandatory)
3. Superior written and oral communication skills
4. Proven multi-tasking/time management skills
5. Fluency in recruitment technology interfaces (applicant tracking systems, job posting websites, social media portals, etc)
6. Ability to work independently and/or with minimum supervision
7. Proven ability to demonstrate initiative and problem solving skills
8. Ability to travel (within BC) preferred