Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Comox Valley Seniors Village (CVSV)
||Administration [Administrative Coordinators][Receptionists]
||Full Time Regular
||Reporting to the General Manager, the Administrative Coordinator may provide confidential administrative support to the General Manager and other members of the management team. Central responsibilities include Reception (either full time or coverage for breaks), Payroll, Scheduling and HR support (new hires, etc). An ability to communicate effectively with staff, residents and their families is essential. This position will require a good working knowledge of the facility Collective Agreement to ensure Articles are adhered to, including: scheduling, leave of absences, seniority, vacancy postings, overtime, shift premiums and sick time allowance.
- Calculate employee hours to be paid and enter into ADP system on a bi-weekly basis (if applicable).
- Complete Payroll Change forms for changes to employee data (i.e. wage rates, status, address, banking info, etc).
- Monitor employee status changes and update wage rates & benefits options as required.
- Maintain seniority lists (if applicable).
- Complete documents required by HRDC, Sunlife & WCB.
- Collect completed benefit forms, review information and forward to Payroll Dept.
- Answer employee’s payroll and benefit questions, refer to Payroll Dept. when necessary.
- Provide information and data as requested by the Payroll Dept.
- Coordinates shift coverage due to short calls; thereby, filling the vacancy (due to sick calls, etc). Following established facility Collective Agreement guidelines/procedures.
- Produce a variety of confidential documents for the General Manager and management team members including correspondence, memos, reports, minutes, budget statements and meeting agendas using a range of word processing and spreadsheet software packages (if applicable).
- Design and maintain records, files and distribution systems for correspondence, reports and minutes within the Administration area. Maintains resident records and storage of terminated records.
- Complete forms as needed for the Health Authority and Stats Canada.
- Performs a variety of duties related to the staffing for the facility including maintaining timekeeping records for staff for payroll purposes, as well as, maintaining related records such as staff names, addresses, phone numbers and availability for work.
- Answers the telephone, greets and screens both callers and visitors, responds to requests by providing information directly or directing inquiries to appropriate individuals within the organization (if applicable).
- Receive and process all incoming and outgoing mail and screens for appropriate distribution within the organization. Prioritizes items for immediate action (if applicable).
- Maintain stock of office supplies and materials for organization through review of stock on hand, and completion and forwarding of purchase orders to suppliers, working within budget constraints. Receives and verifies supplies and investigates and resolves any discrepancies (if applicable).
- Grade 12 plus graduation from a formal Business Administration or Commerce program.
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures, reconciliation and bookkeeping.
- Minimum of two to three years recent related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to type a minimum of 50 wpm. Proficient in the use of varied word processing and spreadsheet software packages. Proficient on Excel and Outlook.
- Good communication skills and the ability to write and speak English.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with the various individuals involved in providing holistic care in a flexible resident focused environment.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple critical timelines.