Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Comox Valley Seniors Village
||Part Time Temporary
||Under the direction of the General Manager or Director of Care, the Occupational Therapist performs assessments on client’s occupational performance utilizing an evidence-based approach, plans and implements outcome oriented services, evaluates the effectiveness of the services, prepares and maintains records, and demonstrates safe and effective resource utilization and quality management. Practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC), as well as, the vision and values of the organization.
Please note: this is a Part Time position (16 hrs per week).
Complies with all the regulations under the Community Care Facilities Act, Adult Care Regulations.
Understands and adheres to Retirement Concepts standards, practices and philosophies.
Assist residents and clients improve their ability to perform tasks in their daily living through advising on specialist equipment or home modifications to assist with daily activities such as washing, cooking, preparing and eating meals.
Participates in the assessment of each resident’s functional abilities and in cooperation with other members of the multidisciplinary team, plans, implements, and evaluates the resident’s care plan.
Review treatment periodically, evaluate progress and modify the treatment as appropriate.
Acts as a resource person to nursing staff regarding occupational therapy needs for residents and clients.
Maintains resident records and occupational therapy data in keeping with the facility standards.
Assists in development, maintenance and evaluation of Quality Assurance Programs.
Performs other related duties as required.
- Baccalaureate degree in Occupational Therapy or Rehabilitation Sciences from a recognized program. One year of post-graduate experience in Occupational therapy in geriatrics preferred.
- Current and ongoing registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC).
- Broad knowledge of Occupational Therapy theory and practice within a client and family centered model of care.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and empower clients to assume control over their health.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position. Must be free from any allergies or related conditions that may be aggravated by working with pets.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others in a complex health care environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and establish harmonious relationships with residents, families, volunteers, staff of external agencies, and visitors of the facility.
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and be self-directed.