Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Williams Lake Seniors Village
||Part Time Regular
Reporting to the Designated Team Manager, the Receptionist/Scheduler performs all duties in a manner which promotes a high standard of customer service and professionalism at the facility. This includes all aspects of reception and office procedures. The Receptionist/Scheduler is responsible for adjusting schedules and filling vacant shifts. In addition, may also be responsible to monitor and respond to the Assisted Living tenant emergency call system (24 hour “Emergency Responder”), while on duty.
Please note, this is a part-time position consisting of 12 hours per week.
- Arranges shift coverage for short calls absences (less than 24 hours notice); filling the vacancy following established facility guidelines/procedures. Arranges coverage for longer term planned absences (leave of absences, vacations, vacant positions).
- Works with/reports to General Manager/Director of Care regarding any unfilled shifts.
- On a periodic basis, reviews with General Manager/Director of Care the casual call in list and any concerns regarding staff availability.
- Monitors and responds to the Assisted Living tenant emergency call system (dependent on facility).
- Organizes and maintains the functions of the reception desk.
- Answers and transfers all telephone calls in a pleasant, friendly, and helpful manner. Takes messages as necessary.
- Greets and communicates with residents, guests, staff, volunteers, and visitors in a courteous, professional manner.
- Assists the Administrative Coordinator as required in the clerical aspects of resident billing, comfort fund, invoicing and payroll etc…
- Provides clerical support for other departments as required.
- Responsible for the booking of rooms for meetings/training.
- Follows policies and procedures of the facility. Maintains confidentiality with staff and resident information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education
- Graduation from a Secretarial/Administration program, preferred
- 2 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
- Basic accounting experience an asset
- Computer literate with intermediate or advanced Excel and Word
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Customer service oriented; interest/passion for working with seniors
- Ability to type 45 wpm
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Ability to manage high volume of work and manage several tasks at once
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
- Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy, empathy, patience and concern in providing quality services to residents with a focus on “Customer Service”