Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Full Time Regular
||Responsible to the Director Care Planning and Delivery, the Clinical Educator supports and facilitates both Well Being and contracted staff throughout the BC Retirement Concepts facilities to attain excellence in clinical practice through the development, provision and evaluation of Geriatric clients, clinical strategies, education and clinical resources.
Applies a broad knowledge base of the geriatric client and the complex care environment, program development and evaluation, organizational, teams and systems development, planned change, process consultation and research utilization to provide role modeling, leadership and consultation and to promote a positive learning culture and advance professional practice.
||A. Educational Program Development
• Develops and evaluates clinical programs for Retirement Concepts care staff. By following the Clinical Team’s mandated schedule of required annual education (one monthly).
• Works with the Director, Care, Planning and Delivery, as well as, General Managers and Directors of Care to develop strategies and plans for refresher courses and introduction of new material.
• Research’s topics in preparation for program development.
• Acts as a consultant for team and system development, planned change and process creation.
• Promotes a positive learning culture and advancing professional practice.
• Works with Directors of Care (DOC) to coach and mentor leadership, clinical practices and policies and review of education in the facilities.
• Assist the General Managers and DOC’s set standards for the clinical staff on site.
• Coordinator of the Clinical Team’s monthly teleconference eight (8) times per year. Responsible for the development and distribution of the teleconference agenda and directs/appoints a Clinical Lead to the action items / follow up from the agenda topics.
• Works with the General Manager of our new facilities. Will assist the GM with the orientation of new staff, coordinate speakers for orientation, facilitate clinical training of new staff and set up of nurses station’s, etc.
• Provides on site support at new facility openings. Will be on site for approximately 2-3 weeks prior to and after the opening of the facility.
||• Five years’ recent related experience, including two years relevant clinical experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current registration with the CRNBC
• Valid B.C. driver's license.
• Ability to teach.
• Knowledge of adult education and learning principles and ability to integrate into programs and strategies.
• Ability to function independently and collaboratively within a team and demonstrate strong leadership abilities.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Effective interpersonal and facilitation skills.
• Ability to organize, plan, and prioritize.
• Analytical and decision-making skills.
• Computer skills, including the ability to use MS Office, the CMS and E-Mar programs, and other related computer technology.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• A sound understanding of current and future Geriatric clinical and health care issues and the potential impact on professional education and clinical practice.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.