1. Develop and maintain an active database of qualified prospects, family influencers (family and friends of qualified prospects), community influencers (public and private health providers, seniors’ organization contacts, community services providers, financial services providers), and others (clergy associations, pharmacists, lawyers, bankers, trust companies, realtors, etc.);
2. Deliver tours to prospects, family and community influencers and develop relationships that will lead to successful sales results in a timely manner.
3. Work with competitive properties to establish a rapport. Learn about competitors’ features, rates, incentives, special offers, occupancy and any other information that will assist in our ability to stay competitive. Research and integrate marketing information with sales leads;
4. Make presentations in public on RC Facilities and meet with seniors organizations, church groups, public and private health officials or with the Executive Directors of key health groups – Arthritis, Alzheimer’s, etc. Invite key groups and individuals for special events and meetings at the property, allowing the community to become familiar with the property;
5. Working with the Director of Sales, produce a marketing plan and budget annually to include all advertising, promotional activities (both on and off the property), incentives, promotional materials and signage. During the year, work with the General Manager monthly as budgets are released to make sure expenditures remain within budget targets. Quarterly marketing plans will be submitted to the Director of Sales as the year progresses;
6. On an ongoing basis, prepare advertising with the assistance of the Advertising Agency in accordance with RC branding guidelines as per the Marketing Plan and Budget. Work with local publications to obtain the best possible value in advertising, combining ads and promotional editorial. Advertising Agency will negotiate all radio, TV and some print advertising contracts with input from the Sales and Marketing Coordinator;
7. Distribute marketing collateral such as brochures posters, etc in targeted locations (ie health units, seniors’ centers, community centers, churches etc.
8. The Sales and Marketing Coordinator is also a Customer Service team leader. Since excellent Customer Service is key to the ongoing success of our business, the Sales and Marketing Coordinator will work with the General Manager to make sure a high level of customer service is maintained in all areas of our operation, encouraging customers and families to advocate on our behalf;
9. Meet and/or communicate weekly with the Facility General Manager and Sales Director. Attend the monthly Marketing Coordinator teleconference.