Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Maple Ridge Seniors Village
||Facility Support Services
||Full Time Regular
||Reporting to the General Manager, the Head Chef is responsible for the day to day operations & management of Food Production.
||1. Attends management team meetings, provides input into & participates in the strategic plan for assigned areas of responsibility.
2. Manages the activities and work flow for all tasks required for production, presentation / service and clean up of assigned area(s).
3. Participates in the development of and implements policies and procedures in accordance external & internal governing regulations and educates staff, residents and other departments as required.
4. Identifies, on a regular and ongoing basis, education needs for employees; participates in developing, implementing and evaluating, orientation, training and education programs for assigned staff.
5. Participates and makes decisions regarding the recruitment & hiring of Food Production staff.
6. Investigates work and staff issues, manages the Step 1 grievance process and has input into decisions on whether or not to initiate disciplinary action up to and including termination for Food Production staff.
7. Conducts employee performance reviews of Food Production staff.
8. Collects department statistics, and provides other related information as required by external and internal regulatory & licensing bodies by performing tasks such as gathering information, performing related audits, preparing summary reports identifying strengths, weaknesses and trends and proposing solutions.
9. Participates in corporate and facility committees; attends meetings as required.
10. Participates in the development and implements a plan for the provision of food services to be used in the
event of a disaster.
11. Responsible for all tasks related to the production and service of menu items using standardized recipes ensuring standard department policies, procedures and safe food handling techniques are used at all times.
12. Responsible for ensuring adherence to the Food Services budget by monitoring expenditures and taking action as required. Provides input into capital and operating budget for assigned area
13. Participates in and ensures proper preparation, delivery and service of food by Food Production staff to ensure safety of residents, tenants, guests and the public.
14. Establishes production requirements according to the needs of the facility, orders and receives supplies as per established purchasing practices, resolves discrepancies with suppliers as required.
15 Establishes and ensures maintenance of food rotations in storage / inventory in order to minimize spoilage and waste and maximize food quality & guarantees food safety.
16. Practices and maintains cleanliness and sanitation according to required standards set by the Health Department and the facility.
17. Participates in the development, implementation and delivery of education & training programs for Food Services staff to ensure the high standards of Food Services are maintained.
18. Promotes and maintains positive communication and relationships among management, Food Services staff, residents, tenants and the public.
19. Participates in the development of & maintains seasonal 4-week rotational menus based on the likes, dislikes, requests and nutritional needs of the residents and tenants; in conjunction with site leadership team plans and deliver special events such as holiday and themed meals.
20. Performs other related duties as required.
||1. Graduation from a recognized Culinary Arts program - Inter-provincial (Red Seal) designation preferred.
2. Minimum 3-5 years experience in quality food preparation and the operation and care of kitchen equipment.
3. Minimum 1-2 years in a related management / leadership position.
4. Food Safe certified level 1 & 2 mandatory.
5. Knowledgeable of all standards and regulations that govern the handling, delivery, storage and preparation of food.
6. ‘Serving it Right’ certification an asset.
SKILLS AND ABILITILES:
7. Ability to administer department budgets within company guidelines.
8. Strong written and oral communication skills & computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and other job related software.
9. Ability to proactively respond to the needs of the organization and residents/tenants supported by an acute awareness of the impact of actions on others.
10. Strong leadership qualities, including managing performance of team and building and maintaining trust with staff, residents/tenants and external business contacts.