Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Williams Lake Seniors Village (WLSV)
||Administration [Administrative Coordinators][Receptionists]
||Full Time Regular
||Reporting to the General Manager, the Administrative Coordinator may provide confidential administrative support to the General Manager and other members of the management team. Central responsibilities include Financial Management (may include trust account maintenance), Reception (either full time or coverage for breaks), and entering Admission, Discharge & Transfer data into the Resident Management System (RMS), and Care Management System (CMS). An ability to communicate effectively with staff, residents and their families is essential. This position may also require a good working knowledge of the facility Collective Agreement(s) to ensure Articles are adhered to, including: scheduling, leave of absences, seniority, vacancy postings, overtime, shift premiums and sick time allowance.
- Perform a variety of duties related to the financial management of the organization such as preparation of financial reports, coding all accounts payable invoices, monthly bank reconciliation, and collections of past due accounts.
- Set up Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), discharge resident refunds, invoicing to third parties (i.e. MHR, DVA, Health Authorities, BC Housing) and annual resident income tax statements.
- Process deposits and complete daily bank runs (if applicable).
- Maintain the petty cash fund by performing duties such as maintaining records of transactions, requesting additional money as required and completing related reports.
- Participate in maintaining the Resident Trust Fund by performing duties such as receiving requests, recording transactions, maintaining ledger accounts, advising resident/families when additional funds are required and reconcile trust account monthly.
- Report monthly financial reconciliations to Head Office (if applicable).
- Process all payables related items to include supplier invoices, purchase orders and receiving reports (if applicable). Processing payables includes: attach payables processing form to invoice ensuring correct coding and distribution of charges. GM to authorize all invoices prior to submittal to Head Office.
- Calculate employee hours to be paid and enter into ADP system on a bi-weekly basis (if applicable).
- Complete Payroll Change forms for changes to employee data (i.e. wage rates, status, address, banking info, etc).
- Monitor employee status changes and update wage rates & benefits options as required.
- Maintain seniority lists (if applicable).
- Complete documents required by HRDC, Sunlife & WCB.
- Collect completed benefit forms, review information and forward to Payroll Dept.
- Answer employee’s payroll and benefit questions, refer to Payroll Dept. when necessary.
- Provide information and data as requested by the Payroll Dept.
- Produce a variety of confidential documents for the General Manager and management team members including correspondence, memos, reports, minutes, budget statements and meeting agendas using a range of word processing and spreadsheet software packages (if applicable).
- Design and maintain records, files and distribution systems for correspondence, reports and minutes within the Administration area. Maintains resident records and storage of terminated records.
- Complete forms as needed for the Health Authority and Stats Canada.
- Performs a variety of duties related to the staffing for the facility including maintaining timekeeping records for staff for payroll purposes, as well as, maintaining related records such as staff names, addresses, phone numbers and availability for work.
- Answers the telephone, greets and screens both callers and visitors, responds to requests by providing information directly or directing inquiries to appropriate individuals within the organization (if applicable).
- Receive and process all incoming and outgoing mail and screens for appropriate distribution within the organization. Prioritizes items for immediate action (if applicable).
- Produce purchase order ensuring a copy of both the purchase order and the receiving report is attached to the invoice. Submit to Head Office A/P dept. on a weekly basis for processing. File all invoices and documentation once returned from A/P dept (if applicable).
- Maintain stock of office supplies and materials for organization through review of stock on hand, and completion and forwarding of purchase orders to suppliers, working within budget constraints.Receives and verifies supplies and investigates and resolves any discrepancies (if applicable).
- Supervision of Reception staff (if applicable).
- Management of Admit, Transfer and Discharge information on all residents in CMS on a timely basis.
- Maintenance of resident contact information in RMS.
- Performs RMS maintenance of residents accounts (admissions and discharges), and admission agreements.
- Run “Occupancy”, “Assessments Due”, and other CMS Reports as requested by the GM or DOC.
- Other CMS related duties as assigned by the GM, which may include adding the photo of each new resident.
- Grade 12 plus graduation from a formal Business Administration or Commerce program.
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures, reconciliation and bookkeeping.
- Minimum of two to three years recent related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to type a minimum of 50 wpm. Proficient in the use of varied word processing and spreadsheet software packages. Proficient on Excel and Outlook.
- Good communication skills and the ability to write and speak English.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with the various individuals involved in providing holistic care in a flexible resident focused environment.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple critical timelines.