Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||RNs Wanted - Vancouver Island
||Clinical Support [Registered Nurses][Licensed Practical Nurses][Registered Care Aides][Recreational Therapists]
||Full Time Regular
||We are now recruiting experienced & motivated RNs to join the team at various locations throughout Vancouver Island.
Responsible to the General Manager and/or Director of Care, the Registered Nurse is the role model and team leader who coordinates and supervises the activities and duties of those who deliver direct resident care. The Registered Nurse performs duties and monitors departmental activities in accordance with established standards, regulations, policies and procedures to maximize resident focused care while maintaining resident respect and dignity.
||1. Assess residents’ needs and record in the Care Management system; plans, implements and evaluates resident care.
2. Coordinates and supervises care staff; directs their work and assigns duties as necessary to ensure focused resident care is provided and resident rights are observed.
3. Liaises with physicians, community agency representatives, families, visitors and volunteers.
4. Administers medications and treatments as per established standards, regulations, policies and procedures.
5. Provides direct care to residents as necessary to ensure quality resident focused care.
6. Ensures equipment and supplies are stored and maintained as per policy and procedures. Reports unsafe or faulty equipment to appropriate manager.
7. Maintains paper and electronic documents as per established standards, regulations, policies and procedures, ensuring confidentiality is maintained as per policies.
8. Liaises with other disciplines and departments to ensure quality focused resident care.
9. Participates in orientation of new employees.
10. Provides work direction to other care staff and provides informed input into staff evaluations.
11. Actively participates in facility programs, meetings, committees and educational inservices.
12. Maintains an up to date knowledge of facility policies and procedures, particularly those concerning the administration and recording of medications, safety and emergency procedures and appropriate aseptic techniques.
13. Encourages and adheres to a holistic philosophy of wellness, recognizing that each individual is capable of, to varying degrees; making decisions about his/her life and is a partner in the decision-making.
14. Maintains a safe environment for clients/family unit and staff, through
(a) accident prevention,
(b) knowledge of emergency procedures and regulations,
(c) using skills, physical facilities, supplies and equipment safely and appropriately, and
(d) utilizing infection control procedures.
15. Performs other related duties as required.
||1. Graduate of an approved school of nursing, current active registration with CRNBC. BSN preferred.
2. Additional training and previous experience in the care of the frail elderly and physically and mentally handicapped persons.
3. Valid First Aid Certificate
4. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in the English language.
5. Must be in good health and free from communicable diseases, physically able to perform repetitive tasks, lift, squat, bend, stand and walking as required to perform the duties of the position.