Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Laundry Aide (Casual)
||Summerland Seniors Village
||Facility Support Services
||Under the direction of the General Manager and / or designate the Support Service Worker 3 (SSW3) performs routine and special duties involved in providing laundry services for residents, tenants, guests and the public. Participates in some or all of the tasks related to laundry services while maintaining a safe, sanitary workplace. May participate in some or all of the tasks related to housekeeping services. Responds to resident, tenant, and building emergencies if necessary. Duties are performed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
||• Responsible for some or all of the tasks related to laundry duties and routines. This includes laundering of (sort / wash / dry / fold / hang / return to storage or resident room) bed linens and labeling residents linens.
• Stock cupboards with clean linens as per quotas.
• Uses labeling equipment and labels all resident clothing.
• Operates and maintains equipment including washers, dryers, transport carts.
• May be responsible for some or all of the tasks related to housekeeping duties and routines in all areas of the facility including resident rooms, common areas, staff areas etc. Carries out general cleaning and sanitizing duties and routines, including: changing bed linen and making beds clean up.
• Reports maintenance concerns.
• Recommends ordering of chemicals and facility linens.
• Participates in facility committees and quality improvement initiatives.
• Other related duties as required.
||• Grade 10 or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• WHIMIS Certificate an asset.
• Ability to communicate effectively both in written and oral English.
• Ability to take direction and learn procedures.
• Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy, empathy, patience and concern in providing quality services to clients.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Must be in good health and free from communicable diseases, physically able to perform tasks related to the position.
• Must be free of allergies or conditions, which may be aggravated by working with cleaners, detergents and equipment.