Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Summerland Seniors Village
||Full Time Regular
||Under the direction of the Recreation Manager or designate, assists in the planning, implementing and evaluation of activity programs to meet the physical, social, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, and cultural needs and interests of the residents/tenants.
Please note, we currently have full-time, part-time and casual shifts available.
||1. Assists in the development of recreation and leisure services including program research development, implementation and evaluation as required.
2. Carries out established recreation programs including, but not limited to, outings, exercises, crafts, social events, entertainment, games, music, etc.
3. Assists in the completion and posting of monthly calendars and newsletters outlining programs and services available to residents/tenants and families as required.
4. Assists in the co-ordination of external groups to provide in-house programs as required.
5. Assists residents to, during, and from programs as required.
6. Assists, encourages, and motivates residents/tenants to participate in social, spiritual, physical, mental and cultural recreational activities.
7. Observes and reports any changes in residents/tenants to supervisor and/or nurse.
8. Documents as per policy and procedures.
9. Ensures residents’/tenants’ rights are maintained.
10. Ensures recreational equipment and supplies are used, maintained and stored in a safe, clean, and efficient manner. Reports unsafe or faulty equipment to supervisor.
11. Actively participates in C.Q.I. program, meetings, committees and educational in-services as required. Assists in the maintenance of statistical records.
12. Assists with admission/orientation of new residents/tenants.
13. Provides guidance, assistance and support to volunteers. Assists Recreation Manager or designate in the evaluation processes of volunteers.
14. Encourages residents/tenants as volunteers in their own community.
15. Performs other related duties as required.
||1. A two year Recreation or equivalent Diploma; or at a minimum a Residential Care Aide with a Recreation/Activity Certificate.
2. Experience in a senior’s focused environment preferred, Dementia course an asset.
3. Basic First Aid Certificate (Current).
4. Food Safe Course or equivalent (Current).
5. Valid Class 4 (Unrestricted) BC Drivers License as required.
6. Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently and understand verbal and written instructions.
7. Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
8. Basic computer skills including Word, Publisher, and Outlook.