FOOD SERVICES PRODUCTION, QUALITY AND DELIVERY:
1. Responsible for all tasks related to the production and service of menu items using standardized recipes ensuring standard department policies, procedures and safe food handling techniques are used at all times.
2. Manages the activities and work flow for all tasks required for production, presentation and service.
3. Participates in and ensures proper preparation, delivery and service of food by Food Services staff to ensure safety of tenants, guests and the public.
4. Establishes production requirements according to the needs of the facility, orders and receives supplies, prepares and maintains invoices as per established purchasing practices, resolves discrepancies with suppliers as required.
5. Establishes and ensures maintenance of food rotations in storage / inventory in order to minimize spoilage and waste and maximize food quality & guarantees food safety.
6. Practices and maintains cleanliness and sanitation according to required standards set by the Health Department and the facility. Establishes and overseas daily scheduled cleaning duties.
7. Participates in the development, implementation and delivery of education & training programs for Food Services staff to ensure the high standards of Food Services are maintained.
8. Promotes and maintains positive communication and relationships among management, Food Services staff, residents and the public.
9. Maintains and enhances corporate, seasonal 4-week rotational menus based on the likes, dislikes, requests and nutritional needs of the residents. In conjunction with site leadership team, plans and delivers special events (monthly) such as holiday and themed meals.
ADMINISTRATIVE & SUPERVISORY:
1. Attends management team meetings, provides input into & participates in the strategic plan for assigned areas of responsibility.
2. Responsible for ensuring adherence to the Food Services budget by monitoring expenditures and taking action as required. Provide input into capital and operating budget for assigned area.
3. Participates in the development of and implements policies and procedures in accordance to external & internal governing regulations and educates staff, residents and other departments as required.
4. Identifies education needs for employees; participates in the developing, implementing and evaluating on a regular and ongoing basis, orientation, training and education programs for assigned staff. Holds regular formal discussions with each direct report to discuss progress towards goals and review performance; evaluate behavior, knowledge and skill area.
5. Participates and makes decisions regarding the recruitment & hiring of Food Services staff.
6. Investigates work and staff issues and makes decisions on whether or not to initiate disciplinary action up to and including termination for Food Services staff.
7. Conducts employee performance reviews and participates in making decisions in regards to promotions and demotions of Food Services staff.
8. Collects department statistics, and provides other related information as required by external and internal regulatory & licensing bodies by performing tasks such as gathering information, performing related audits, preparing summary reports identifying strengths, weaknesses and trends and proposing solutions.
9. Participates in corporate and facility committees; attends meetings as required. Maintain direct resident contact and involvement with residents. Meets with residents daily to discuss dietary preferences (daily table talk) - Care, AL & IL
10. Participates in the development and implements a plan for the provision of food services to be used in the event of a disaster.
11. Participates in, and provides significant input on behalf of management, in collective bargaining and the administration of grievance proceedings under the collective agreement involving Food Services staff.
12. Surveys and monitors resident satisfaction. Develops and implements action plans to correct deficiencies.
13. Performs duties as needed in the department to facilitate the food service department
14. Performs other related duties as required.