Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Financial Analyst (Treasury)
||Head Office (HO)
||Business Professionals [Finance][Human Resources][Acquistions][Marketing]
||Full Time Regular
||Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and working closely with the Company’s operational management team.
||• Establish systems and monitor the company’s cash flow and treasury functions on a rolling basis to maximize the efficiency of the company’s cash resources, including credit lines.
• Maintains banking relationships in relation to day-to-day banking and cash management responsibilities.
• Ensure all of the Company’s financing arrangements are properly documented and tracked, including quarterly reporting and annual mortgage reviews.
• Assist the CFO with analysis of financing proposals and assist in negotiating financing for new projects and re-financing for existing properties.
• Assist the CFO with analysis of the Company’s debt portfolio, including maturity dates and rates, in order to mitigate the Company’s interest rate exposure.
• Assist the CFO in obtaining and maintaining appropriate insurance coverage for all company operations.
• Assist with various tax compliance and planning matters and coordinate as required with the Company’s advisors.
• Assists in review of monthly financial statements for facilities.
• Provide analysis of existing facility operations to suggest areas for financial improvement. This includes:
a. Benchmark review
b. Detailed review of particular items (e.g. expected cost savings for contracting out various services, comparison of per diem components across contractors and employee-operated facilities, etc.)
c. Working with the finance team to develop reports which include key performance indicators such as occupancy and revenue per diems
d. Summarize and analyze contracts at facilities to ensure consistency across all operations
• Work with the Financial Analyst on leading and completion of the Company’s annual operating and capital budgets.
• Work with the Financial Analyst to provide financial analysis of potential acquisitions, new builds and expansions. This includes:
a. Operating budgets
b. Pro-forma financial statements
c. Cash flow forecasts
d. Estimates of return on investment
e. In the case of acquisitions, due diligence procedures
• Work with the Financial Analyst with financial analysis and modeling for:
a. Proposals for new business, including health authorities and facility expansions
b. Appraisals on existing facilities, expansions and new projects, including interface between the Company and independent appraisers.
There will also be other projects that may arise from time-to-time.
||• Professional accounting designation or enrolment in a designated accounting program
• Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Excel
• Strong analytical skills combined with attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to work with senior management, operational personnel, accounting staff and several external audiences
• Ability to thrive and multi-task in an entrepreneurial and fast-moving environment.