Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Manager, Assisted Living
||Comox Valley Seniors Village (CVSV)
||Administration [Administrative Coordinators][Receptionists]
||Full Time Regular
||Reporting to the General Manager, the Manager, Assisted Living is responsible for directing home support staff and promoting departmental activities to maintain high quality care. Central responsibilities include ensuring the effective and efficient provision of care services. The Manager, Assisted Living will work with the care delivery staff to enhance their knowledge and skills in providing quality, efficient care.
- Identifies client needs and staff development opportunities and assists in the development of methods, policies, procedures, programs, services and work routines to enhance care delivery.
- Assesses and identifies the clients’ health care needs and ensures the proper maintenance of all patient and other records in accordance with policy and relevant legislation.
- Observes and monitors staff on all shifts as required. Evaluates and provides ongoing supervision of care staff on any shift with a focus on identifying recommendations and training requirements that would enhance and/or streamline care delivery.
- Oversee all aspects of the wait list management and admission process for new clients.
- Identifies learning needs of staff and provides in-service and orientation using various methods of teaching/learning techniques.
- Provides resource information on Continuous Quality Improvement/Risk Management-by reviewing, and documenting data, analysis of trends, report writing and facilitation of group process to effect change. Maintains related reports and statistics. 7.0 Oversees selection, promotion, supervision, evaluation, disciplinary action and termination of all care staff.
- Maintains an appropriate level of supplies and equipment and identifies new equipment requirements as it relates to client care.
- Ensures that all aspects of Collective Agreements / Employee Associations are abided by.
- Coordinates investigation of all complaints concerning facility operation; instigates appropriate action.
- Liaises with union representatives through Labour Management Meetings and other forums (if applicable).
- Resolves Union grievances as they arise or works with Facility Staff Association to communicate effectively the Employment Standards guidelines and Retirement Concepts policies, thereby minimizing employee conflict and concerns.
- Assists the Controller to monitor fiscal control of all the facility operations.
- Prepare all required applications and documentation for funded residents to all levels of appropriate funders (i.e. Health Authorities, BC Housing).
- Participates in preparation and execution of an annual operating and capital budget.
- Maintains a safe environment for clients/family unit and staff, through (a) accident prevention, (b) knowledge of emergency procedures and regulations, (c) using skills, physical facilities, supplies and equipment safely and appropriately, and (d) utilizing infection control procedures.
- Actively promotes the facility through local organizations, visits and speaking engagements. Maintains a positive rapport and professional contact with local health, funding, and regulatory agencies, and other health organizations.
- Maintains own expertise and credibility through participation in continuing education and professional development.
- Assist and support Sales Associate in achieving set occupancy goals.
- Minimum of three years in geriatric care.
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational and teaching skills with individuals and groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an interdisciplinary team setting.
- Physical ability necessary to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing