Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||The Auburn Residences
||Facility Support Services
||Part Time Regular
||Under the direction of the Manager or Designate is responsible for the night janitorial and security duties.
Please note, this is a Part-time position with a rotation of 4 on/4 off. Each night shift will be 8.5 hours.
||1. Responsible for the general security of the buildings and residents including resident emergency call system; routine cleaning of common areas.
2. Responsible to complete a minimum of three security walks in the buildings to secure windows and doors. During security walk, shake all walk-off mats outside the doors to remove dirt at various exit doors throughout the buildings and both entrances. Pick-up and dispose of boxes left in the halls. Deliver newspapers to suites as scheduled, updates daily events/menu boards for next day;
3. Carries out all aspects of routine and rotation cleaning of common areas (i.e. library, activity room, TV rooms, country kitchen etc.) including washing glass doors and office window, dusting ledges and all reachable surfaces in grid in entrance, shine brass handles and kick plates;
4. Clean offices and common areas by dusting all ledges and window sills, wipe venetian blinds with damp cloth, wipe all desk surfaces, wipe down photocopier, filing cabinets, computer and telephones, wipe dust from switch plates, empty garbage cans and vacuum all carpeted areas;
5. Clean elevators. Lock down elevator on the main floor, wipe all interior walls, check ceiling grids, and outtake fan behind and clean as needed. Clean stainless steel areas and vacuum carpets.
6. Empty all garbage cans in the lounge, including behind the counter, mail room, all office areas, hair salon, washrooms and country kitchen;
7. Clean main foyer by dry and wet mopping nightly. Buffs marble floors nightly;
8. Responsible to water the large plant and clean fallen leaves;
9. Read and initial the log book from previous shift. Keep other shifts and the Manager informed by recording all incidents and information in the log relative to the next shift (e.g. emergencies, administrative, resident, maintenance and marketing issues);
10. Clean exterior hard surfaces by hosing off brick areas outside main doors nightly. Water planter boxes and tree and set-out and take in soaker hoses in scheduled areas. Empty exterior ashtray.
11. Vacuum and tidy garden lounge, lobby and hall outside dining room and the dining room on weekend, holidays and as required;
12. Clean mail room nightly. Wipe ledges, wipe finger prints from mail boxes;
13. Clean public washrooms as required. Wash fixtures, sinks, toilets, counters and floors as required to keep sanitary and look neat and clean.
14. Photocopies and collates documents when required; including breakfast slips;
15. Sets up and takes down special event set-ups and returns to designated areas.
16. From time to time and in unusual circumstances, the employee may be asked to perform other related duties.
||1. Grade 10 education
2. Completion of a recognized course in housekeeping services or equivalent experience
3. First Aid Certification
4. Two years experience in hotel and/or residential apartment cleaning or equivalent;
5. Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision;
6. Ability to take direction and learn procedures;
7. Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy, empathy, patience and concern in providing quality services to residents