Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Recreation Assistant (Casual)
||Williams Lake Seniors Village
||Facility Support Services
||Under the direction of the Recreation Manager, assists in the planning, implementing and evaluation of recreation and leisure programs to meet the physical, social, emotional, intellectual, spiritual and cultural needs and interests of the residents. This is a perfect position for someone who has a true passion for working with seniors and has experience with volunteers.
This is a Casual Recreation Assistant position and has multiple shifts/scheduling. Applicants with a open availability are encouraged to apply.
||• Carries out established recreation and leisure programs.
• Works with the Recreation Manager and residents to develop innovative recreation and leisure programs.
• Coordinates opportunities for residents to be as fully involved and independently responsible as possible.
• Assists, encourages and motivates residents to participate in programs.
• Assists residents to, during, and from programs as necessary.
• Observes and reports any changes in residents to Recreation Manager and/or LPN.
• Ensures residents’ rights are maintained.
• Ensures recreation equipment and supplies are used, maintained and stored in a safe, clean and efficient manner.
• Reports unsafe or faulty equipment to manager.
• Promotes and publicizes programs and special events.
• Produces a monthly resident newsletter.
• Maintains appropriate documentation as per policy and procedures, confidentiality and security.
• Provides assistance, guidance and support to the volunteers. Assists
• Recreation Manager in the evaluation processes of volunteers.
• Encourages residents to be volunteers in their own community.
• Assists with admission / orientation of new residents.
• Maintains a current knowledge of Administrative and emergency policies and procedures and participates in fire evacuations drills.
• Performs other related duties to ensure quality holistic resident service.
||• Graduation from a recognized Recreation Management or Leadership program.
• Previous Residential Care experience is strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to initiate programs and organize recreational activities.
• Current Basic CPR qualifications.
• Current class 4 BC Drivers License mandatory.
• Good physical and emotional health with capabilities that is compatible with walking, stooping, bending, lifting heavy objects and pushing heavy carts.
• Must be free from any allergies or related conditions that may be aggravated by working with pets.
• Ability to communicate and establish harmonious relationships with residents, families, volunteers, and visitors of the facility.
• Excellent written and oral English skills – Basic computer skills.