Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Recreation Assistant (Casual)
||Peace Portal Lodge
Under the direction of the Recreation Manager, assists in planning, implementing and evaluating activity programs to meet the physical, social, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, and cultural needs and interests of the residents.
- Carries out established recreation programs including, but not limited to, outings, exercises, crafts, social events, entertainment, games, etc.
- Assists residents to and from programs as required.
- Assists, encourages, and motivates residents to participate in social, spiritual, physical, mental and cultural recreational activities.
- Provides personal care during recreational activities as required.
- Observes and reports any changes in residents to the Supervising Nurse/Director of Care.
- Documents as per policy and procedures.
- Ensures residents’ rights are maintained.
- Ensures recreational equipment and supplies are used, maintained and stored in a safe, clean, and efficient manner. Reports unsafe or faulty equipment to manager.
- Actively participates in Q.I. program, meetings, committees and educational in-services as required. Assists in the maintenance of statistical records.
- Assists with orientation of new residents.
- Provides guidance, assistance and support to volunteers. Assists Recreation Manager in the evaluation of volunteers.
- Performs other related duties to ensure quality holistic resident service.
- Must be a graduate from a recognized Activity/Recreation Aide program, with experience in a recreation department an asset.
- Basic First Aid Certificate (Current).
- Food Safe Course or equivalent.
- Current Class 4 BC Drivers License.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and written.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be in good health and free of pet or detergent/cleaning agent allergies