Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Housekeeping Aide (Casual)
||Renfrew Care Centre (RCC)
||Facility Support Services [Dietary Aides / Servers][Cooks / Chefs][Support Service Workers][Maintenance]
||Under the direction of the Manager, Support Services and/or designate, performs general cleaning duties in the facility, including the cleaning of residents’ / tenants’ rooms/suites, bathrooms, staff rooms, offices, lounges, dining rooms, corridors, and other areas as designated. Responds to resident/tenant and building emergencies as required.
||• Carry out all aspects of routine and rotation cleaning throughout the building and suites which includes the following, but not limited to: cleaning and sanitizing surfaces, dusting, vacuuming and sweeping; cleaning appliances; washing floors, walls, interior windows and doors; changing bed & bath linen and remake beds; removing curtains/window coverings for cleaning and re-hanging; garbage removal; terminal cleaning of rooms/suites.
• Prevent the spread of infection by proper hand washing, appropriate glove use, following prescribed cleaning techniques, and proper use and handling of chemicals.
• Care for equipment, supplies and work areas through the following: keeps equipment clean and safely stored; reports defective and damaged equipment and furnishings; keeps work area in an orderly, safe and clean condition; keeps inventory in order on individual carts; replenishes supplies throughout the building; understands the use and application of cleaning chemicals.
• Report significant changes or uncommon resident behaviour or concerns to nursing staff.
• Participate in facility committees and quality improvement initiatives.
• Other related duties as required.
• Grade 10 or equivalent combination of education, training and experience. • WHIMIS Certificate an asset. • Ability to communicate effectively both in written and oral English. • Ability to take direction and learn procedures