Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Summerland Seniors Village
||Facility Support Services
||Full Time Regular
||Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Worker assists the Maintenance Manager with all maintenance requirements as they pertain to the efficient operation of the facility; all aspects of regular maintenance, repairs, building improvements, environmental issues and fire and life safety. In conjunction with the Maintenance Manager and the General Manager, the Maintenance Worker assists in the safety and security of all residents, staff and visitors.
||Regular Maintenance, Repairs and Building Improvements:
• Inspects operating condition of all equipment and logs information daily.
• Inspects alarm, call, and security systems and logs information daily.
• Diagnoses equipment malfunctions.
• Schedules and supervises service work.
• Ensures the safety of the building, equipment, staff and residents.
• Completes general repairs to electrical, plumbing and other building components to level of competence.
• Be available for emergency call-ins.
• Make recommendations for repairs, replacements, or upgrades to be reviewed with the Maintenance Manager and/or Chief Environmental Manager for approval.
• Maintains a painting/touch-up schedule.
• Washes and/or cleans up refuse, which may have been missed by Housekeeping/Janitorial.
• Oversees major improvements and recommendations, after reviewing them with the Maintenance Manager.
• Attends to garbage and general clean up in resident and public areas (exterior and interior).
• Assists Housekeeping if requested.
• Ensures the safety of staff, residents, guests and delivery people (i.e. snow cleaning, debris, and leaves) with regard to the exterior of the building.
• Assists in oversight of the pest control program.
• Always maintains safe work and storage areas.
Fire & Life Safety:
• Assists the fire safety director in drills.
• Complies with fire regulations.
• Focuses on preventative maintenance
• Maintains a log entry on daily routines, general repairs, scheduled, and non-scheduled maintenance items on all equipment.
• Prioritize maintenance requests and scheduled work loads so the work will be performed in an efficient manner.
• Provides support or instruction to staff that may be operating the facility’s equipment.
• Be a promoter of energy efficiencies.
• Takes initiatives in gaining knowledge and skill relating to the maintenance position.
• Participates in facility events.
• Always maintains a neat appearance and be attired in clean, safe and presentable clothing
• Rubber-soled, steel-toed safety shoes.
||• A basic knowledge of plumbing, carpentry, electrical, heating systems and gardening.
• A basic level of computer experience/knowledge at a minimum.
• Knowledge of safety regulations and precautions.
• A demonstrated ability to organize a schedule of maintenance.
• A demonstrated ability to maintain a checklist record of maintenance routines.
• An ability to communicate comfortably and cheerfully with residents, staff and visitors.
• Willingness to learn the policies and procedures of the facility.
• Help the staff and management operate the plant safely and efficiently.